Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Site Wide Plot  - another one coming

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

It did not take long for them to come, as Solis knew they would.

A smile lights up his handsome face, bathing in the compliments the warrior from his own court showered upon him. Seraphina greets him, and despite the chill in her tone he inclines his head warmly. “Neomu, Seraphina, welcome, my people…”

It did not take long for his grin to sour however, and collapse into a frown.

Bexley Briar seethes at him, and the sun god watches with a look of disdain. One mare questions him, then another, and another. Through it all, the god is silent—appearing far more interested in watching the light play off his own skin than he is in their words and petty concerns. It’s only when a fiery-colored mare gets too close for comfort, before quickly being pulled away by a dark pegasus, that the sun god finally stirs.

He snaps his head up to stare @Moira down cooly, before roving over each of the attending equines in turn. “Is this supposed to be my Regent? My people? Is this a greeting fit for the God of Solterra?” he asks in a rumbling voice, shaking his head so that his hair shimmers and cascades like liquid gold.

You. His eyes snap to @Bexley, his molten gaze matching the fury that shone in her own golden eyes. “You call yourself a Regent? My Regent?” His voice is incredulous, and his frown continues to deepen. Solis breathes in her smoke and flame, until his body seems to shimmer and burn the same way as her own. Flames lick at his mane and tail, turning them ablaze: they burn hot and wild, heat singing the equines around them.

Slowly but surely, Bexley’s flame goes out, consumed by Solis’. He steals her sparks and fury, claiming her magic as his own and simultaneously snuffing her flame like a blown-out candle. The sun god turns her heat back on her, until he is the one emanating blinding light and spastic embers, directing them back at the disgraced Regent. “Such big words for someone with so little power,” he sneers. “Let us see how you do without your magic.”

Satisfied, he turns away in disgust as his body continues to burn. He stares in turn upon each of the doubting mortals, from @Pavetta to @aethelind to @Moira to @jericho.  Solis doesn’t care why they do not know; ignorance is an excuse he refuses to accept. “Have you no eyes, have you not listened to the stories of how this land came to be? I am Solis. God of the Day, protector and keeper of the Sun. I am the reason you have days in which to live.” His eyes burn brighter and brighter, filled with fire and passion. “Bow now, or begone with you.”

“And you,” he says to the tribal-painted @turhan and @batty, a hint of disappointment clouding his brilliant features and causing a darkness to enter his stare. “You come to me asking about my sister? Perhaps you should visit her shrine instead.” He does not answer Turhan’s question; and why should he? It is not his responsibility to look after Vespera. His concern is for his own citizens and followers. “I suggest you go home now, return to your swamp if there is nothing else here for you.”

He turns away from them all, forcing his way through the crowd. His hoofs burn the grass the same way as Bexley’s did, but where she leaves only smoke and singed grass in her wake, he leaves fire and glass.

“Come, all those who worship me, and ask your questions. I have no time for the faithless or the believers of other gods.”

Solis is displeased with the Day Court Regent and steals her magic from her; @Bexley’s magic is on hold for the next real-life month! Any threads started between now and August 9th cannot include her magic; pre-existing threads may continue on as normal.

Solis also addresses those he deems unworthy, due to lack of faith or knowledge: @pavetta, @aethelind, @Moira, @jericho. He gives them a choice: worship him, or leave. He will not force the mortals to praise him, but he has no time to worry for those who do not.

He is further disappointed by @Turhan and @batty. Solis is a jealous and arrogant god; if they choose to care more for his sister Vespera than him, he suggests they leave and find her instead.

Finally, Solis begins to descend the cliff, leaving the faithless behind and commanding his true followers to go with him. Those who do, and can prove their devotion in their words and actions, will get to converse with the sun god… and may even get a prize! Those who follow but fail to worship him may be ignored or punished.

Only those who have already replied to this thread may continue interacting with Solis. You have between now and Saturday, July 14th, at 11:59 PM EST. Sorry for the wait, guys!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
another one coming - by Random Events - 06-21-2018, 04:35 PM
RE: another one coming - by Efphion - 06-21-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: another one coming - by Seraphina - 06-21-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: another one coming - by Bexley - 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: another one coming - by Pavetta - 06-21-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: another one coming - by Aethelind - 06-21-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: another one coming - by Moira - 06-21-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: another one coming - by Turhan - 06-22-2018, 12:07 AM
RE: another one coming - by Batty - 06-22-2018, 09:21 AM
RE: another one coming - by Caine - 06-22-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: another one coming - by Kauri - 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM