Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - praying to ashes. playing with matches.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Albrecht

Sometimes, just sometimes, there are worse things out there than hangovers, vasectomies, and having your leg torn off by a massive prehistoric animal that for some fucking awful reason - still lives.  If I want my stipend, I have to make due diligence, I have to go to church and I have to smile while I do it - I might as well call Sunday worship a death sentence.  But hey, it if keeps people off my back about all the things they whisper about me.  If they see me here, praying to rocks, they'll probably leave me alone.  It is likely I will not be suspected for anything (not that I have anything to be suspect for/my whole life is an anthill).

When people ask me, "Why Solis?"  I say to them, "He was made out of pure gold - I couldn't resist myself." -- it is usually the charming grin that makes them laugh (or smile) and I laugh (or smile) with them.  And then they ask me "No really .. why Solis?"  It is apparent they are the seriously religious type.  It is obvious that they take this worship shit to heart while I use it for the chance to escape my maids who clean my chambers every Sunday morning.  They usually get a little clucky with me about the state of disrepair my Saturday night soiree's leave the compound.  But I say to them - always this - that this job of theirs is job security and a home away from home, less talking, more scrubbing.

The trip to Veneror is easier than it looks - for me, that is.  The pilgrimage on foot is one I wouldn't take even if I wanted to.  I love wings - I love big wings.  I feel incredible being so far removed from all the people down below me, hoofing it in the hot summer sun while I soar through misty-wet clouds and cool my face and wax curls in my hair with the balmy ionic airwaves.  It is incredibly disappointing to know that Veneror is so close now, if I could pray for anything - it would be for Solis to move Veneror farther away from the Mors so that I can have more time to think about what I don't want to say to him (or others).

Veneror seems to already be under construction, I didn't get the memo.  Landing in rubble and taking a good look around - I wonder to myself, am I still drunk in bed with Tessa, Cheri, and Jack?  - I'd pinch myself if I had fingers, but the cooling breeze that pulls at the chains on my neck say otherwise.  The temples have been  .. 

I've spent too long inside the compound.  Hearing turned up, eyes alert for anything moving, I have to assume that something might still be here.  That something has changed without my knowing (many things have changed, actually) - but it isn't my fault this time.  This time, my severe lack of love for Heaven and Hell have kept me from listening to the conversations about Gods and Monsters.  While I've been streamlining my business, shuffling girls around, and making sure my collections are ready to go to market -- people have been praying.   

But to what?  Solis is missing from his shrine.  Completely gone.  Not a gold flake to remark where he stood so elegantly (honestly, I wanted to take it and put it in my home) but luxury always has a price tag.  And as skeptical as I am of anything with or without powers being a lord over me .. you cannot help but wonder if I -had- stolen Solis, would I have been smote?

ALBRECHT

this is what you came for. this is what you get

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

white hot temper

His form had broken through, had left the golden statue it was encased in. For a while, he walked - the glint of his skin catching and drawing the crowd, pulling them towards him like moths drawn to a hot flame. They knew who he was, as he knew who they were - although that was not to say that the god of the shining sun minded their fawning and doting.

As he parted from the crowd, bright eyes caught sight of a winged figure gliding across the sky. The wild expanse of his mane wafted effortlessly above the strong curve of his neck, and the sun within the strong curve of his chest glowed so intensely. There was some appreciation in being revered, but then there was this one..

The emeralds upon his wings glinted like the gold of Solis' skin, and the arrogant god knew. Oh, he knew of the pegasus' envy, of the materialistic want, of his cunning.

And as he knew, he watched - eyes as bright as the sun burning a hole squarely into the pegasus' shoulderblades as he descended from the sky and touched down in front of the god's statue. For a few moments, he stood still, muscles unwavering and gaze piercing as Albrecht stared at the crumbled location of where Solis' statue once stood. Mortal thoughts flitted telepathically through the immortal being's conscious: I wanted to take it... if I had stolen it, would I have been smote?

Wide nostrils flared, golden ears flicking back as his mane whipped angrily. He tempered himself, cooled his molten gaze - but even then, his hooves scorched the grass upon which they stood. "And if you had been smote? What would you say as you met me, stared into my eyes?"

A voice so baritone deep echoed as the God of the Sun approached the tall pegasus. Even though Albrecht was tall, Solis was still immensely taller than he - his form sleek, muscled, and immaculately kept. The god passed in front of him, near where his statue had formerly stood, and stopped. "The doubt in your mind is strong," he mused, the molten gold of his gaze cooling gently as his temper waned. It's fitting, that the god of the white-hot sun would be so easily angered.. it had taken years for the sibling to learn such a feat, to tame the firey star. But a star too cold would die out, after all.

"But do you still doubt now, @Albrecht?"

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Albrecht

Albrecht
This is what you came for. This is what you get.

And if you had been smote?  What would you say as you met me?

I had reasonable suspicion to believe that my thoughts were no longer my own.  I shut my ego down as if staunching a flame so as not to be seen.  It did not seem to work, such an invasive entry point was left wide and gaping - when I turned back to look at him I realized something incredible.  Miraculous.

Solis was made out of the same gold as my eyes.  The color was so blissful to see; depthless, vast, and brilliant like the sun -- like my offshore accounts which kept my empire afloat.  The color of Solis alone was enough to hold my attention.  

What could I say? -- Gold attracted itself to me.  

I tried to think without thinking, know without knowing, see without seeing, but when all I could hear is the empty spaces between me and a slice of something .. something -- Oh!  What luxurious and quixotic thing could I compare Solis to and taste so much bitterness for at the same time?

Ah, the sun.  If only I could have that, then we would really have to talk business.  

The doubt in your mind is strong   ..    Well, yes. 

I do not know.

"Solis, darling, I do not doubt you.  I just -- well," a careful and well-placed pause dropped, script-like but well played,    " I dream of big things.  Want .. for many things. I am hungry and my appetite is large.  If you read my thoughts then you must know I am a greedy man, you see.  I doubt you would cater to such selfishness."  I do not know if anything I said was the truth or a dirty lie, all I know is that I was incredibly thirsty looking at him.  The crust on my lips felt like sandpaper, I could do for some water.  

Or could I be cheeky and ask for Solis for wine?

I relaxed my shoulders, eased my wings down and let them fan out for a proper rest.  My gesture was not without intention however casual it might have seemed.   I dared to brush feathers against his leg but snatched them back when I felt the tines of my reach meet pressure.   I do not know what I was expecting but my thoughts were nothing compared to the surprise on my face.  I tried to remember to breathe easy, if Solis wanted to vaporize me ..  well, I did not believe he would do such a thing.  The lack of fear I felt was terrifying, there were no words to describe that sort of feeling.

Just to check myself (my wits, my sanity, my eyesight), I glanced over to my left casually to where Solis should have been, but was not I hoped he was in the temple where I could usually see him, but did not.  I swallowed the groan, the sigh, the altogether grumble of unholy noise and cleared my throat.    Great Disappointment was the name of my face, so dreadfully long and ashy at the thought of meeting Jesus on a Sunday.  Peach blitzers and elevensies would have to wait for lord knows how long.  I hoped my invite wouldn't leave.  Maybe Solis would like to join us?  Was he a peach guy or was he more into cucumber mint?

I knew I should have stayed home,  and yet, I came.  As terrible as I was at prayer, I still came.

"Oh -- and,"  what was I was going to ask Solis for in the first place again? Ah, right. "-- I was going to ask you if you could .. move your Temple closer to home.  In the desert.  That is what I was thinking about before you showed up.  Of course, if you were to ah -- smite me,  I wouldn't be able to appreciate your temple.  Witch, which --"  damnit, damnit, damnit, " I do not understand  why you must share with the others on Veneror, so far away from us.  You should have your own shrine, here, with us."  

I did appreciate his temple, OH -- how I appreciated it.  The gold, it was so pure, so clear of blemish, so bright like liquid butter.  To bask like an Olympian at the steps  of Solis's effigy of sun-sculpted perfection would be a thing I would like to do.  On a hot August day, late in afternoon when everything is bronze and gold, sipping something crisp and clear that tickles my nose(Dom Perignon, no thank-you, I am expensive but I do not have money-blind taste).  I would be wearing nothing but my own art -- nail forged right there under his sparkling majesty's most glorious sun to show him what his Light creates.  

I let my secret go into the air like atomized perfume, it is what poems are made of -- nothing but smelly, flowery, rosy-red, true feelings.  I wanted that luxury of having the temple closer.  I did not feel ashamed of wanting it either. The gold around my neck seemed to glow as I filled myself with pride, my scales getting that much darker, deeper, and farther-black and away from the corporeal thing I unfortunately was.  I dared to grin more like a scoundrel at him this time instead of some girl scout.  I did not hope for praise, I hoped for understanding.  If God could move mountains, I felt I was within my Rite as one of their worms to ask God to do it for me.

@  @inkbone (? did I tag that right?)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

white hot temper

Solis' eyes burned heavy, locked onto the gold of Albrecht's own with an unwavering vastness. The blades of grass that lit aflame under his steps licked angrily at his ankles, clawing at hooves of solid gold as they were smothered and died out.

Behemoth hooves stepped forward, towards the pegasus whose color rivaled that of a blackhole. There was no anger on his features, but the lack of visible emotion was intimidating if anything. He felt Albrecht's hesitance, felt him attempt to wall up his mind from him, felt him try to push Solis himself out..

"You are greedy," Solis commented flatly. "So this begs the question: when you are faced with endless knowledge, with a being that could give you all that your heart desires..." — a pregnant pause, and the god turned on his heels, an audible sizzle emanating from the ground that was burned beneath his feet. Golden glowing eyes, lacking a pupil but shining so bright, glanced over his shoulder at the pegasus. "... why would you try to shut me out?"

Because it's futile, hissed through the god's subconscious, but the words never left his lips. He felt his anger slow from a boil to a simmer, and the golden expanse of his tail - silken and so vibrant - slapped at his heels.

"Selfishness is part of who we are - mortal or immortal," an elegant bass purr. As the feathers of the pegasus' wing touched his leg, the golden silk of his tail swung towards the wing in an oddly-gentle arch. Albrecht may have pulled it back as soon as he felt it touch, but there was no way he wouldn't feel the suffocating wave of heat that followed the god's tail. All of him was warm, if not hot, to the touch. There was a certain danger in touching a god, especially one forged from the fires of the hot sun.

Can you move your temple closer to home? elicited a chuckle from deep within his throat. "Is it not worth the trek?" he inquired with curious eyes, the corners of his lips tugging up into a smirk.

Solis circled behind Albrecht, and while there was a certain disdain coiled within his soul (when was there not?), his eyes observed the stallion with a sort of eerie calm. The god himself could not exactly fault the man for being selfish; the immortal being himself was guilty of such a sin, too.

The god of the shining day sun need only will things into existence. He passed behind the pegasus, a sun flare — a burst of white-hot flame &mdash crackled upon his skin. Solis neared Albrecht's left side, the tendrils of golden mane wafting above the broad crest of his neck as the light within his chest shone blindingly bright.. and it was then that he stopped. The immortal being stood side by side with a mortal &mdash a position he rarely, if ever, found himself in.

A duo set of golden cup, born of a smouldering sunflare and encrusted in emeralds, floated within the god's telepathic grasp. Their beauty shimmered within the bright light of the early afternoon sun, the facets of the inlaid gems catching the rays.

One was brought to the god's lips, the other extended towards the dark pegasus at his side. Unwavering eyes never left Albrecht's own. Between sips, "I can only grant wishes of those devoted to me."

His gaze burned into the man's soul. "So tell me, @Albrecht - are you a child of Solis?"

It was wine, of course.

[ooc] Sorry for the wait, Snell! <3 <3 [/ooc]

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!