Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - CALL ME IN THE DAY

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

Raymond.
and at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
when the man comes around

"Bison," Raymond replied without fanfare. "Where I grew up, they were all over the place." In a sentence, the red stallion both acknowledged El Toro's unspoken admission of foreignness and dismissed it as irrelevant by citing his own shared experience.

Strange, perhaps, to think of himself as having once been anything less than himself. His childhood had been reduced and condensed into a collection of stories for which no physical frame of reference yet survived to verify them. Reality loves irony: by the inexorable march of time, Raymond's life had transformed into an idea as nebulous as any religion.

But we were talking about bison.

Raymond didn't dwell on having startled the pale stranger. Humiliation was a tactic best saved for the proper target and the proper moment - this was not one. "Give them them their space and they'll ignore you. You're no threat to them." The thought comforted Raymond even by simply saying it, the way the realization of his own insignificance next to the show-grinding wheel of reality once set him free. There is strength in insignificance, given the right mindset and the confidence to accept it.

As good as his word, he turned his back on the slow shuffling mass of brown fur and bristling horns. "Been here long?"

@El Toro

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Messages In This Thread
CALL ME IN THE DAY - by El Toro - 06-27-2018, 02:19 AM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by Raymond - 06-28-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by El Toro - 07-03-2018, 12:04 AM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by Raymond - 07-03-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by El Toro - 07-07-2018, 03:18 PM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by Raymond - 07-07-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by El Toro - 07-08-2018, 01:15 AM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by Raymond - 07-08-2018, 03:35 PM
RE: CALL ME IN THE DAY - by El Toro - 07-10-2018, 01:46 PM