Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - With Fingernails that Shine like Justice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Ulric

I may not live to see our glory
But I will gladly join the fight

Her response wasn’t to be expected, yet there it was. It caused him to slow in his step for a split second, hardly noticeable before he continued down the old beaten path, ears tipped attentively to Israfel and offering her a fraction of visual attention whilst still keeping an eye on their surroundings.

Their lighthearted conversation veered abruptly in another direction, causing the Warden’s brow to furrow as he regarded her more completely. The fact she had come as a part of a medical envoy was good news, but the fact that there seemed to be bad blood between Terrastella’s healer and Somnus was unsettling. The idea of something ever happening to his King and best friend was a great discomfort, a nightmare, but to have it occur in his absence was hellish. “Creepy?” He asked, a half-assed attempt to make light of a potentially disturbing topic. “What makes you say that? What could I have possibly missed out on this morning?”

In a manner that was maddeningly unsurprising, she slipped back into casual conversation, or… what she might consider casual, at least. Ulric exhaled audibly, halfway between a scoff and a breath of exasperation, but when he looked to her, he failed to keep the curl of a smile from his lips even as he self-consciously considered her bold question. “I, ah, well… no,” he responded with a shake of his head, this time breathing in deep. “I don’t have anyone like that. You could say I’m married to my work over anything or anyone else – but I don’t mind it so much. Even if it can get a bit monotonous.”

Without missing a beat, he cocked his head and settled his amber gaze upon her, his train of thought slowly derailing from the purpose he was even out here in the first place. He couldn’t deny that she had a pretty face, and even more so, a fiery attitude that was frustratingly alluring. “What about you? Anyone waiting for you back in Terrastella? Surely so.”

e-cho . huniidue . @tag

@Israfel butt

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Fingernails that Shine like Justice - by Ulric - 01-13-2019, 10:52 PM