Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you gave me a reason

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

i see you in waking
a ghost in the window shade
my lover, the form you take

by my side

Standing in the doorway, watching as the sun danced along Eros’ skin and clung to each of his curves, Aion can hardly remember their time spent apart. It had only been a few months ago, but since then he had pushed it far, far out of mind. 

It was just him and Eros, together, as it should always be. 

As it always will be, he reminded himself, feeling the weight of the ring in his grasp. A smile played at the corners of his lips, blue eyes twinkling with the joy of holding onto a secret. 

Eros continues to bask for a few minutes longer - and although Aion is anxious to start their day, he can’t complain. He would like to stay in this moment forever, would like to repeat this moment every morning for the rest of their lives. But it, too, comes to an end when Eros finally rises and joins him at the door - but only after one final show of stretching.

“Where are we going,” he asks, and Aion’s smile only stretches wider, like a kid struggling to hold onto his secret. He doesn’t answer right away, instead he just presses their lips together for one slow, languid kiss, relishing in his closeness and touch. 

“Somewhere special,” he says with a wink, pulling Eros along with him out the door. 

Everything about the day feels lighter and brighter than any other day; it’s as if the birds are singing a song just for them, and the sun is a spotlight upon their backs. It’s their day, and there’s not a thing in the world that could convince him otherwise. 

His heart is a wild thing inside of his chest, banging against his ribs like an animal trying to claw its way free. His legs feel jittery, as if he’s skipping instead of walking, and its all he can do to keep himself from rushing Eros along. He has to remind himself to keep his pace smooth, to enjoy this walk with his beloved. “It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?” he comments, and he breathes deeply with an exaggerated sigh. 

“Mornings like this are my favorite.” There was hardly anyone else to be found out and about, a peaceful quiet settling over the courtyard. The morning air still had a crisp edge to it that refreshed and cleansed his senses, so every sound, every scent, every sight was bright and new and vibrant.

But the Court wasn’t where Aion wanted to be; he directed them westward, so that a short walk through a flower-covered meadow brought them to the sandy shoreline. As the chirping of birds was swallowed by the crashing of waves and the grass turned to soft sand, he finally stopped. 

“Frøya,” he started, with all the tenderness in the world on display in his eyes and in his tone. His smile was small now, almost shy - but he gestures towards the beach, pressing his shoulder into his and directing him alongside the sandy strip. 

@eros
walk. "talk."
rhiaan / sid

Messages In This Thread
you gave me a reason - by Aion - 12-15-2018, 04:11 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 01-01-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-11-2019, 07:54 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 03-14-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-30-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 05-08-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 05-17-2019, 06:38 PM