Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you gave me a reason

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

i see you in waking
a ghost in the window shade
my lover, the form you take

by my side

The sunlight reflecting off the ocean, the seashells speckling the beach with color, the clear blue of the sky overhead - all of it paled in comparison to the two horses walking along the water. They had eyes only for each other; Aion couldn’t look away.

Nor did he want to.

He could stare into Eros’ eyes all day and find himself content.

More and more often, he found himself wondering how he had made it so far without the other man at his side. Those years were a blur, lacking vibrancy or definition. It was as if nothing had mattered, at least not truly. Not until he had met Eros did his life truly begin. Eros had taken a piece of his soul with a smile, but he had filled that hole with something greater.

Today, Aion doesn’t care about the rest of the world. The kings and queens could continue their games, the gods could come and go, the continent itself could split in half and still, only one thing would matter. As long as Aion and Eros were together, as long as his heart never had to break with the searing pain of loss again, as long as they never had to say goodbye - that would be enough for him.

Each step takes them farther from the still-sleeping Court, and his steps become gradually lighter. He never had been one for close quarters or crowds; even the silent Delumine could quickly become claustrophobic. It was why he led Eros away from the city, away from the people and their prying eyes. Today, he wanted it to just be the two of them - the way it always should have been.

“I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend my morning,” he begins, “or my life.”

His smile is a nervous one, but a happy one. Aion leans in close, so that their bodies are pressed together and they lean into one another as they walk. His touch is soft and light as he presses a kiss to Eros’ brow. The sunlight dances along their spines, warming them and encasing them in a soft, golden glow, a world all their own.

“I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to see it, but now that I have…” his voice trails off, and it’s only now that he finally stops. The waves push and pull at their ankles, their touch ever present, ever moving, as if they too are encouraging him to continue. He takes a step back, missing the touch of Eros’ skin but making up for it by meeting his gaze, ice and sunlight locking together.

“Froya,” he says, and he can’t stop the smile that lights up his face when he addresses his beloved. “I can’t imagine life without you. I can’t remember what it was like to live without being with you, but I know I never want to go back to living like that. I want to be with you, forever.”

He can already guess at what he might say - Eros had always been the optimist of the pair, had always promised him they would be together forever. 

But finally, Aion wanted more than to just say it; he wanted to prove it in every way available to him.

And doing so started with —

“Will you marry me?”

He doesn’t want to wait for a reply; waiting is agony when all he wants is to draw Eros in close and never let go again.

But his eyes are full of love, and his heart is singing so loudly in his ears he’s sure Eros could hear it. And for the first time in his life, he feels completely sure of his decision, of the future he wants.

@eros
walk. "talk."
rhiaan / sid

Messages In This Thread
you gave me a reason - by Aion - 12-15-2018, 04:11 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 01-01-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-11-2019, 07:54 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 03-14-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-30-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 05-08-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 05-17-2019, 06:38 PM