Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you gave me a reason

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aion

i see you in waking
a ghost in the window shade
my lover, the form you take

by my side

”Yes.”

Nothing else mattered outside of that one word, and all that it implied. Yes, Eros loved him. Yes, Eros was promising to be his. Yes, their lives belonged to each other now, two halves of one inseparable whole.

Wedding bells were already ringing in his ears; the birds are singing and the sun is shining for them and them alone. Their love is a promise, the sweetest promise he’ll ever know. The only promise he wants to know, at least for now.

He lifts his eyes to Eros, and the gentle morning sun catches the planes of his face. It lights him up like a glass holding a flame, each edge sharp and eager, each breath hungry, each look feeding that hunger. He captures the light and traps it inside of himself, lets it shine out through his eyes and his smile. Lets it shine for Eros.

For a moment he can’t speak, the words are stuck in his throat, clinging to his tongue.

“Nor have i,” he breathes at last. “I just want you.”

He always had, from the very beginning. Now he wonders how he hadn’t realized it at the time, wonders how he had managed to push him away for so long. Never again, he promises now, to both himself and to his beloved. They never had to be apart again - the past was where it belonged. All that was left before them was a future in which they were together, a future they could carve out for themselves.

He wraps himself around Eros when they embrace, wings and all. His kiss is electric, and Aion never wants it to end.

“I believe we have a wedding to plan,” he says when they finally pull apart, eyes shining. But the sun is still shining and the birds are still singing, and the waves are beckoning to them. So Aion turns, a sly smile hiding at the corners of his eyes.

“Come on - we have the whole day to ourselves.”

Without looking back to see if Eros will follow - he already knows he will - Aion takes off in a gallop for the water. And as he flares his wings out, sunlight dancing along every feather, he feels utterly content.  

@eros
and then they run into the proverbial sunset together <3
walk. "talk."
rhiaan / sid

Messages In This Thread
you gave me a reason - by Aion - 12-15-2018, 04:11 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 01-01-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-11-2019, 07:54 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 03-14-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 03-30-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Eros - 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: you gave me a reason - by Aion - 05-08-2019, 03:16 PM