Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - sunlight, smoke, apple skins

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

Mateo had been deliberating between a few ideas for today's harmless mischief. The one he favored most was to fly high up above the gardens and scatter flower petals on unsuspecting lovers strolling below. This act would be his ode to springtime, when cherry blossoms fell like rain. The only issue would be procuring flowers, which were hesitant to grow recently; he understood their hesitation, with winter looming. The forest should still be fine for successful foraging if the meadow was not, but the Viride was rather far and Mateo found himself hesitating to go through all this work just to share a bit of springtime with the world. Unfortunately, being an adult comes with the constant, nagging obligation to be responsible and useful, even in your day off. The young stallion is constantly at odds between the desire to be seen as a man and the disdain for everything adulthood stood for.

Regis' idea of harmless fun is much easier to implement and much more rewarding and so incredibly unexpected that Mateo laughs in delighted surprise. "Like sneaking cookies, exactly! Or throwing flowers on people or drawing eyes on the trees..." He can think of a few slightly-less-than-harmless mischief as well, but he trails off before they slip out. Mateo is keen to set a good example for the boy.

A walk with the young prince is surely the more responsible thing to do than throwing flowers on unsuspecting strangers, so Teo contains his mischievous grin and angles himself to walk beside Regis. "I would love to join you, if you'll have me." He stretches his large wings casually. They want to fly, they always want to fly, even when he's busy doing other things.

"Are you ready for the wedding? The whole court is buzzing with excitement." Mateo has never been to a wedding, and when he heard the news he had poured over the historical texts for days in search of anything he could find about the tradition. It seemed to be a ritual that went back as far as known history, with many details and traditions obviously changing over time and place. In historical literature, weddings are strangely uncommon, or at least underdocumented. He was only able to find details of the most significant weddings, those that either united or divided nations, "I expect members from every court will be there to celebrate..." He trails off, dreaming of the color and the light and the spectacle and the certain beauty of days to come.

-  -  -  -  
@Regis no worries at all! I figured you don't mind me time bending a bit for wedding talk :D
art

Messages In This Thread
sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 01-07-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 01-13-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 01-23-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 03-04-2019, 04:32 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 03-12-2019, 06:36 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 03-18-2019, 03:52 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 04-08-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM