Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - sunlight, smoke, apple skins

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

take me back home, where the blood runs through my soul

The next string of words to leave Mateo’s mouth aren’t what Regis had expected them to be, but they don’t entirely come to him as a surprise. He’d always enjoyed the young stallion’s company as well as his debates, because they made him truly think before providing his answer. It was a good thing to practice, he supposed, if he wanted to surmount to anything near what his parents were some day.

“I think they can be,” he provides after a moment, his brow remaining thoughtfully furrowed as the cogs of his mind churned. “I’ve seen the sunflowers in the meadow, and Po told me that they move throughout the day to follow the sun. I don’t remember why, but… maybe it’s ‘cause they’re cold, or they just think it’s pretty? And if they can feel that, then why can’t they feel other things?” Abruptly he frowned, looking somewhat troubled as something clicked in his head. “But… I also kinda hope they can’t feel anything, since we eat them.” The imagery was perhaps the darkest thought to have ever entered into his mind, but just as quickly as it had come, it was swept away with talk of the wedding.

Mateo speaks of great Kings and Queens, all names he’s heard of numerous times growing up in the citadel. His imagination runs wild as he pictures Asterion crafting gargantuan figures made of water, goliaths prepared for battle without so much as a word. He imagined Isra with the power to change fate itself, her word a law that the rest of the world must follow no matter how they try and resist. Then there’s Seraphina, felling any foe with naught but her icy stare. It all causes his shoulders to shiver; he would have to mind himself around them, assuming he did get the chance to meet them for himself.

Then, the colt beams the brightest smile at mention of Somnus himself; his hero, his mentor, answerer of a thousand questions, protector from monsters under the bed, his papa. What Regis aspired to be. He was the greatest of them all, and the Prince didn’t need to meet the other Sovereigns to know he was right.

His own mottled wing bumped gently against Mateo’s in response to his gentle touch, smile unyielding until mention of how his father might feel if he knew what they were getting up to. Slowly his head lowered in an uncertain manner, eyes darting this way and that as though searching for the gilded form of his father. “Um… I don’t think he’d like it too much.” An honest answer, just as both his parents had always taught him. “But… sometimes he thinks it’s funny, and joins in with me. Maybe we should just grab one, though.” That wouldn’t be bad, right?

He wonders then if Oriens can see them right here, right now as they creep steadily toward the kitchens, like two vagabond criminals about to pull the greatest heist of the century. His nerves grow and he glances around all over again, but if Oriens is invisible, he supposes he won’t find him anywhere. With his eyes set on the door ahead, the Prince breathed in deeply and cast one more look Mateo’s way. “Alright… just one, remember? Unless we bring one back for my momma and papa, and Anemone, too. They can’t be upset, then.”

@Mateo <3 I figured we cold maybe end here? :D Or keep going if you wish! Either way, I demand another Teo/Reggie thread soon!

“Speaking.”
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 01-07-2019, 01:07 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 01-13-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 01-23-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 03-04-2019, 04:32 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 03-12-2019, 06:36 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 03-18-2019, 03:52 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Regis - 04-08-2019, 02:47 AM
RE: sunlight, smoke, apple skins - by Mateo - 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM