Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - clever words and phrases

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

over the moaning bones
of those who quit and chose to remain

Some part of Atreus expected a nasty look and a terse demand to leave, yet none came. Instead of retaliation or disgust, he was met with the amicable offer of not only a place to sit, but a drink with conversation as the cherry on top. Stepping around the table so that they sat across from one another, Atreus settled in, ordering a simple hot tea when a courteous staff member rushed to service him.

It was just the two of them now. No Somnus in sight, no bodyguards at least in close proximity, no prying ears around to eavesdrop on the words they shared. Atreus had no intention of bringing an ounce of harm to the lady of Delumine, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy their privacy.

“Eulalie,” he repeated, a grin toying with the corners of one side of his mouth as he tried out her name for himself. “A fitting name for a Queen. The pleasure is all mine.” Contrary to most, Atreus was particularly good with both names and faces, and hers was one that would remain at the front of his mind for as long as he lived. A picturesque family for his perfect brother and a sizable, successful land to call his own – how long would it take for it all to go up in flames, he wondered?

The dark thoughts taking place failed to meet his eyes, masked by a pleasant smile and a curious gleam of his gold and blackened eyes. He hummed softly to himself as he considered the woman’s question, before rolling his shoulders as he shrugged in response. “There seems to be some tension directed at me from a few individuals,” came his smoothly spoken response, “But, they do not bother me and they do not hinder my work. Your staff have made my stay a pleasant one so far, however.”

“I merely seek to learn more of Delumine and my brother’s reign,” the silvery roan deftly continued as Eulalie pressed for what he had wanted in the first place. “I’m afraid we had a bit of a falling out, so to speak, and so I was hoping I might learn from you until we can patch things up. I’m just… so very proud of him, is all. To see him as he stands now.” An airy, wistful sigh passes between his lips, and for a moment he looks almost sorrowful – but Atreus is a snake in this garden of Eden, biding his time and waiting for the moment to strike. “What is his rule like? What are the people’s opinion of him?”

@Eulalie

“Speaking.”
credits

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
clever words and phrases - by Eulalie - 01-12-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: clever words and phrases - by Atreus - 01-14-2019, 12:37 AM
RE: clever words and phrases - by Eulalie - 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: clever words and phrases - by Atreus - 04-07-2019, 06:02 AM
RE: clever words and phrases - by Eulalie - 04-26-2019, 02:02 PM