Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Slow Me Down

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Her name upon his lips was so sweet and soothing. It was as if her name was the sweetest name to ever be said from his lips. Nothing else mattered in this moment except the two of them. It was too perfect and honestly, Katniss feared that should she blink, he might be ripped from her grasps yet again. She didn’t want to let him go.

When he began to tell his tale of loss, Katniss could relate all too well. She remembered the day she was ripped from Elysian…the day that magic had swallowed the Rift and she awoke here in Novus, so utterly alone. She watched his pacing, knowing that’s how she felt the moment her eyes finally opened in a new place. She had been scared and alone, but she had made something of her life here…or at least she was trying. Here, though, she was no queen. Would he still love her? She liked to think that his love ran so much deeper. After all, it did with her. He could be an outcast, a traitor, and she would still love him.

When he said that he never stopped searching for her, she all but fell into his embrace again. Her neck rested softly against his own, her lips lapping softly at the skin of his shoulder. The action was affectionate, probably more affection than the warrior had ever shown. “My story is the same. I feared I had lost you forever. But everywhere I wandered, I never stopped looking. That ache in my heart never stopped so I knew you were alive…somewhere.” She had always believed that he was still alive, that he was somewhere, simply lost. But now she had found him and the ache in her heart had turned into something so much stronger. But no longer was it an ache, but a feeling that for so long, Katniss had suppressed.

Love had always been something her mother had told her would make her weak. Love clouded her judgement and she had been put on this earth to be a warrior. Warriors could not show a weakness such as love. They had to be tough, strong, and courageous. While Katniss was all of these, she could not help her heart. She was far too much like her mother than she cared to admit.

It was love that had brought her to Metaphor today and it was love that would keep him near now. She sighed softly as she relished this tender moment. But there was something lingering in the back of her mind, a regret that she had ever since the night Metaphor was ripped away from her. Stepping back form him, she let her eyes rest softly on his as she spoke, almost meekly. “I never told you something…back in Elysian. I have hated myself every day for never telling you.” She was quiet for a moment, her mind forming together the words that she could never tell him. While her actions had spoke of her love for him, her words had never confirmed it. “…I love you, Metaphor.” She offers him a tender smile, hoping that he accepts her words. While she knows he will, she needs to hear it from. For long she’s regretted never telling him her true feelings but now seemed as good a time as any. She didn’t want to wait and miss the opportunity again. Second chances only came around once.

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM