Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Slow Me Down

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She doesn’t understand why she feels so nervous around Metaphor, why she feels as though he might not accept her profession of love. Perhaps it was silly, perhaps she was making a mountain out of a molehill. However, it was how she felt. So in those moments after her progression of love, Katniss looks to Metaphor in hopes that he does not turn away. She knows he won’t, but she cannot help the fear that tells her he might. This was why she was told never to love. This was the weakness her mother was trying to prevent.

It was when he steps forward, brushing a strand of her main from her forehead that she realizes he’s not going anywhere. And when he speaks, she lets out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. She listens to his words and cannot help but wonder how he knew. She had never told him before, never voiced the feelings that she had felt for so long. “How did you know?” She wonders aloud, curious as to how he knew her feelings if she did not voice them. It was probably in the way she looked at him, the way she spent nearly every waking moment with him, or the way she opened up about her daughters. Her twins were a secret that she had harbored for years. Only Metaphor knows of their existence.

His second question pulls her thoughts away and she looks out over Novus. While she hadn’t been here per say, it was still part of the land she now called home. “This is the world of Novus…you may find that you recognize some of the people here. Several have been brought here from The Rift.” She pauses a moment as she thinks about what he’s saying. He will follow her anywhere. Would he follow her to Denocte? “There are four courts here. I am a soldier of Denocte, the Night Court.” She pauses a moment before continuing. “I am no queen here.” She misses being able to be a safe haven for all those that needed it. While she was not the perfect queen, it was a huge part of who she was. Now, she was a nobody - starting from scratch to make something of herself here. “Isra is the queen of The Night Court.” She had no plans to take a throne for herself. While she was a warrior, she only fought because she has to, not because she can. Perhaps that is what set her apart from other soldiers. Perhaps that’s what made her different.

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM