Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Slow Me Down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

His smile is gentle and true as he watches surprise creep over her face.  It is enough to make him laugh, the sound soft and warm as he reassures her with a soft touch.  I know, because your actions have always told me that you loved me.  I knew from the way you opened up to me, in a way that you couldn’t have done with another.  In the way you learned to lean on me, when you decided it would not make you weak.  I knew when you let me be your strength – when you let yourself be vulnerable – when you trusted in me.  There were so many other ways he could recount to her, but now was not the time to rehash the past.  It was a time of celebration – a time to look forward at their future, with hope instead of worry.

When she begins to tell him of Novus, he falls into an easy pace beside her, the two walking like the friends they were.  It was effortless to him, falling right back into his place at her side, as if they’d never been parted.  She walks toward the south, and he follows her without question, eager to learn about the Courts and the land she’d made her home.  For if it was enough for her, it would be enough for him too.

Isra.  He ponders the name of her queen, wondering if the leader of Night Court was as fair and just as Katniss had been at Elysian.  In her kingdom, the chocolate mare had made everyone welcome, and had seen the value that each could bring to the herd.  He could only hope Isra would do the same.  Do you think she will have me? he asks, only minding slightly… for whether he was welcome or not, Metaphor intended to stay with Katniss.  I should think the Night Court lucky to have such a warrior in their ranks.  Tell me, have you needed to fight often? He knew better than to ask her not to – for being a warrior was in her blood.  Still, it does not keep the red stallion from worrying for her safety.  At least now, he would be here to heal what pain befell her.  That, would give him at least some peace of mind.

m e t a p h o r

MEDIC of the NIGHT COURT

@Katniss

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM