Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - On a Crisp Autumn Morning

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
I wonder little at my fate
(it is the bringer of my escape)

M
esnyi smiled (genuinely, now) at his description - “I do not ‘lead,’ so much as ‘serve’…” Perhaps if she was different a snort would have fouled her image; perhaps if she was different she would have been impressed. All she thinks is, good man and all she says is, “Good leader,” for he is not truly a servant, no matter what he says. But are the greatest leaders not those who do not wish for power? It is often so, though Mesnyi cannot claim to know very much about politics on the larger scale. She met his grin with her own; some real things could be held on to if they were indiscernible from her false things. She tried not to think about it for too long.

She did not often have such reciprocal conversations, but the lavender mare was certainly delighted at the genuinely pleasant talk they were having, and so, she welcomed his question. ”Desire, of course. I have little duties of my own; should my family find me here I may join them again, but I do not think that will be for some time.” The separation did not quite sting yet - it would likely be quite a while before the road called her and the Benevolent appeared, sensing her loneliness, though they never seemed to know it. It seemed wrong to say she was “homesick” - for the road was not a home, no, but it was something of the same feeling. Mesnyi could vaguely recall the sadness of her younger days, when she yearned for her parents and the woodland of her early childhood.

”They are still here, I believe. Wandering and singing and such. But they will be off soon, and this land is very far from anywhere I have been before.” A soft huff escaped her nostrils. ”I have not a single reservation about my choice. Delumine has been kind to me.”

Somnus | - | "speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 02-20-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 04:56 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 04-15-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 04-29-2019, 12:43 AM