Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the courage of stars; dusk meeting

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

A set of eyes had pinned him,
Became his version of a kingdom.
She’s everything the devil can’t be,
When she’s singing to me, ‘glory’.

Not much had changed from the last time she was in Terrastella, even though her nice little getaway to Delumine had been a wonderful, well-needed reprieve after the general hell that had been the last year. She would definitely be returning to the north as soon as possible, if only to get an eyeful of a certain golden eyed Warden. It was no surprise when a meeting was aptly called shortly after her return home; there was much to discuss, after all, because much had happened since her departure with Theodosia to deliver Atreus to Delumine.

Arriving in time with the other members of the Court, the Warden dipped her head towards each of them in passing as she traipsed through the crowd. Most of the faces she knew; Asterion, Marisol, Fiona, and Theodosia, but a few had to be fresh blood among Novus. With Solaris perched upon her croup, Israfel knew she was an intimidating sight; tall, poised, and proud with a massive Phoenix roosting upon her very spine.

Standing a few paces from Asterion, the Sun Daughter dipped her head in a curt, acknowledging nod when the Dusk King recognized her for her exploits. She held a neutral expression, listening with half an ear as their sovereign went about the usual repertoire that came with these sorts of things, vermilion eyes slowly switching from citizen to citizen. Promotions were made, some deserving, others questionable.

There was no one else Israfel would rather have as Champion of Battle than Theodosia. The pale woman deserved it with her tireless efforts back when their home had literally been falling apart around their ears and how readily she had thrown herself between danger and their home. That, and, Israfel remembered fondly how Theodosia had been brazen enough to smack Vespera herself atop the head. Well deserved, indeed.

“I second the promotion of Theodosia. In my opinion, her promotion is long overdue.”

Euryale as Champion of Wisdom, however? The Sun Daughter did not even attempt to hide her snort of amusement. Sure. The Warden still did not trust the lurking viper, but perhaps she just hadn’t given the multi-colored woman a chance. It didn’t matter, not really. Only time would tell if Euryale was befitting the position.

Letting the conversation flow along with no further interruption on her part, the shield maiden listened far more intently as Marisol gruffly explained the recent happenings within Denocte and, by result, Solterra. Her eyes narrowed into fierce gems of irate vermilion, and she snorted once more but this time in derision. Hearing about sneaky little shit-birds trying to steal crowns was not how she wanted this meeting to go.

“Then recruit we shall. Commander, I know that I’ll have your assistance in testing the mettle of our soldiers, and you as well, Theodosia… And anyone else who would like to volunteer your efforts, let us know.” One already did; a rich bay fellow of the likes that Israfel did not recognize, yet with his magic of manipulating the very earth around them, his efforts would be appreciated. Turning her gaze to focus on Asterion, then, Israfel continued effortlessly. “If that little shit stain is keen on robbing Seraphina of her crown, I imagine that he will be met with a mutiny within Solterra. They are loyal to their queen; not to lurking ravens. Just as well, I’ve become fast friends with Delumine’s Warden, and he is close to King Somnus. If war is brimming on the horizon, we will not be alone in facing it.”

It was not the first time that whispers of war were carried on the breeze. It seemed like no matter how close they were to grasping peace all across Novus, one little blight had to go and ruin it.

"Speaking."
credits

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Asterion - 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Fiona - 02-12-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Rhone - 02-13-2019, 07:49 AM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Israfel - 02-14-2019, 09:23 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Erd - 02-14-2019, 10:09 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Ard - 02-14-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Euryale - 02-15-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Thana - 02-17-2019, 10:55 PM