Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I believe in fairies...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

It was strange, he’d never seen a creature as beautiful as Mesnyi.  Even in his dreams, he’d never seen a mare with skin that seemed to glow in shades of purple like the morning sky.  Surely she was a fairy, and yet she didn’t have wings… never had wings, he reminded himself.  But, aren’t you a fairy?  I’m not a fairy.  But, I think I could fly once – at least I dreamed that I could.  He quirks his head like a dog, in a confused manner.  Offering her a lopsided grin, he circles her once, looking her over as if to try and determine exactly what she was.  If she wasn’t a fairy, perhaps she was a princess or something…. Surely, she wasn’t just a regular horse like him.

Still, he knows it’s rude to stare.  Sorry… I don’t mean to stare.  You’re just so beautiful.  What’s your name?  The boy’s voice is tinged with appreciation – not the same sort of adoration that a suitor would put on his conquest, but more that of a child whispering to a Disneyland princess.  He was simply in awe.  I’m Pan, by the way… and this is Oliver. As if on queue, a furry brown head popped out of his satchel, chirruping to the mare with a pleasant sort of greeting.  The two are a quirky pair, though well fitting for one another’s company.

All around them, the trees shivered with the autumn breeze.  Birch leaves flashed silver in the sunlight, and a couple fell like snowflakes down to them.  Pan stops to gather one or two, reaching into his satchel to draw forth a large tome, flipping through the pages and pressing the leaves between them.  Looking up at the mare, he offers something of an explanation.  I like to collect beautiful things, so I can look at them when it’s winter time and I can’t go outside.  And, I’m collecting plants around Novus.  Want to see?  Flipping back through the tome, he pointed out a couple of crude plant drawings to the unicorn.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Mesnyi

Messages In This Thread
I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 03-10-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 04-13-2019, 06:46 AM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM