Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I believe in fairies...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

Flying is pure freedom, he answers without hesitation, Like there’s nothing to hold you down and you can go anywhere your heart desires.  You can swim in the clouds, or dive like a speeding arrow… and the wind will catch you every time.  Of course, it was clear to see the boy didn’t have wings either, but perhaps in some world – once, with a bit of magic – he could fly.  Those days were long behind him though, lost with Neverland to the shifting rift tide.  Still, it was a lovely sort of dream, that Pan could imagine each and every time he closed his eyes.  Thinking of it now, the boy offered her an easy smile.  

As he presses the leaves into his book, the boy corrects her.  Oh no… I didn’t draw these.  I can’t draw well either…  shifting the pages, he showed her a much less refined drawing, crude and roughly sketched with what looked like a spent piece of charcoal.  Maybe mine will get better though… I’m told if you practice, you can do anything.  If Pan was embarrassed, he didn’t show it – the boy simply flipped back to the previous pages and continued his explanation.  

I lived in the Dawn Court before too… and I found this book in the library.  It never occurred to him that he probably shouldn’t have taken it, but he didn’t really remember taking it in the first place.  He had simply found it again upon stumbling across his treasure cave, picking up where he left off with finding the herbs within the tome’s pages.  They would understand, when he had a collection built up for the use by healers across Novus.  It was, after all, for a good cause.

What kind of music?  Can you sing me something?  She was one of several horses he’d met recently who mentioned music, and Pan found himself turning a bit green with jealousy – for though he would never let himself appear embarrassed, he knew that he could no more carry a tune than fly in this world.  Still, it didn’t keep him from belting out his pirate songs at the top of his lungs.  After all, where was the fun in going through life with hesitation and worry.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Mesnyi

Messages In This Thread
I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 03-10-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Pan - 04-13-2019, 06:46 AM
RE: I believe in fairies... - by Mesnyi - 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM