Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - sin and dancing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Veer

veer
It will stop your breath, how cruel I can be.
But you understand, don’t you?

W
hen the final note drags out, long and low, from the violin it's not music that he thinks about. He thinks of the sound of blades and blood; how each drags along the other like a sigh in the moonlight. It's that sound he thinks of as he starts to move. Each of his steps is a dance to that blade song and the grass sways beneath him like satin against the hard edge of his hooves. He moves in a circle, slow and haunting, like the note that is spiraling down, down, down into silence.

Veer moves like a wolf. It's not until the violin song and the chorus of her voice ends that he stills again. Something is itching under his skin and he almost shivers with it. It feels like restlessness and something else, something darker. How long has it been since he's given in to the violence pulsing through him? How long since he lost himself in the underground arena with blood and sand in his teeth?

His gold eyes watch her and they are burning in the shadows of the forest around them. A wing rustles at his side, like a flag in the breeze that doesn't want to be tethered anymore. This court and rivers are already making him eager to be off. In Solterra he is less of a wolf among the sand and violence.

He would burn what's left of this forest to the ground if he could. Just to watch the smoke rise like a dragon. Would they still crave peace then?

“Do you often give it the chance?” There's a hint of soot in his voice and a hint of prayer, like a boy kneeling at the altar of war. He snaps his wings out just to cool a little of that itch and they sound like a whip in the silence of the unicorn and her violin. “I don't imagine I would, if I owned such a thing.” Because Veer trusts nothing but himself and Najjad.

@Mesnyi | "speaks" | notes: this just straight poop
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
sin and dancing - by Mesnyi - 02-24-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Veer - 03-01-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: sin and dancing - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 03:41 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Veer - 03-07-2019, 11:58 AM
RE: sin and dancing - by Mesnyi - 03-07-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Veer - 03-09-2019, 07:28 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Mesnyi - 03-19-2019, 12:24 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Veer - 04-05-2019, 03:33 PM
RE: sin and dancing - by Mesnyi - 05-08-2019, 02:51 PM