Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - always on the run [court event]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

Contrary to what the stallion might think, Sloane was a relatively passive horse, rather non-violent. Sure, she would endorse any violent act so long as it had a purpose, but she would never be outwardly aggressive without reason to be. She didn’t like to get her hooves dirty, only stand back and watch others play in the mud. He was safe from any kicks, bites, or lunges so long as he kept a respectful distance. After all, Sloane was not one to be touched.

That said, she did not appreciate his quick whips back. He could have just apologized for making racket or done something to at least help the cause. But instead, he settled on making sure that he addressed her sore attitude. Her attitude could not, or rather would not, be changed. “I was standing silently in the shadows before your noisy arrival - I’m sure I was not the cause.” Yes, she had an attitude problem. Yes, she was not the friendliest, most welcoming in Delumine. However, she was probably the one who might actually get a glimpse of the beast. Everyone else here seemed to be too loud, to focused in the moment.

She was quiet a moment as she let her gaze settle on a shadow just beyond another oak tree. She watches it before determining that it was only a deer. The movements too quick, silent, and agile to be the beast who had left the tracks by the river. “Why are you out by yourself after dark anyway? Somnus claims we should only come out in pairs.” Oh Somnus. He was cute to think that she would actually mind his rules. He was lucky that she was still in Delumine at all. Her tromping through the woods alone should be the least of his concerns. “…and before you comment, I do my best work alone.” What work that was is still to be known.

There’s something about this newcomer that strikes her as odd. He must be a new arrival. Then again, when one lived on their own private island like Sloane did, it was easy to miss the newcomers. “You picked a shitty time to come to Delumine.” Well, at least she was making some sort of greeting/small talk - that was more than she could say for anyone else.

@Rouge

Messages In This Thread
always on the run [court event] - by Sloane - 02-28-2019, 10:05 AM
RE: always on the run [court event] - by Rouge - 03-25-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: always on the run [court event] - by Sloane - 03-26-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: always on the run [court event] - by Rouge - 04-04-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: always on the run [court event] - by Sloane - 04-23-2019, 05:39 PM