Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- To the heavens

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Solis.  He turned the name over in his mind, wondering if he’d heard of such a god.  Deciding that he hadn’t, he offered the black and gold mare a sheepish sort of smile.  ”Do you know him… Solis, that is?  I haven’t heard about him, but I want to know.  What is he the god of?”  Pan knew many gods.  He knew Selke, and No – the gods of the sea.  They were, of course, his favorites.  But he knew also Maaemo, goddess of Earth, and the Moon Goddess of Oblivion.  Wherever they were, Pan knew the gods needed respect, and needed reverence.  He believed in them all, and did his best to bring them honor.  So Solis would be no different.

”The gods ask us for loyalty, and I have lots of that to give.  That, and I like to talk to them, to understand them… I want to learn about them, and to share with them.”  At the mention of his treasures, Pan dropped his leather satchel to the ground, rifling through to pull out a few of his prized possessions.  His lips passed over pirate gold, bits of broken sea glass, long thin eagle feathers, and various rocks and pebbles.  Settling on a perfectly round sphere of quartz and a slipper pink cockle shell, he nudged one toward Inkheart.  ”You can give him some of mine, since you must have left your bag at home.  The gods like gifts… who doesn’t, really.”

It was amusing how matter of factly Pan offered his suggestions, when in reality, he had no idea what this strange god wanted, or what he had that was worthy to give.  Perhaps the god of day would find him a worthy vessel to do his bidding.  Pan was always game for a quest, an adventure, or a task.  Looking back at his companion, he wondered aloud.  ”What does Solis like?  Maybe we should ask?...”  But before she could respond, he began to whisper to the hidden god.  ”Solis… it’s me, Pan.  And Inkheart.  Are you there?”

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Inkheart, @Solis

Messages In This Thread
To the heavens - by Pan - 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-02-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-03-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-03-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-04-2017, 06:18 AM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-04-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-05-2017, 01:25 PM