Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- To the heavens

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

Although she had never seen the sun god in person, up close and ... intimate, her faith prevents her from being dissuaded of either his existence or his glory. Although her original belief had been pure and wholesome, over time it had become an obsession that crossed the line into fanatical, and sometimes even violent. She had become characterized characterized by the obstinate belief that there was the one, true way, and anything else was heresy. Still, through Pan's optimism and curiosity, she stayed in the light, appearing and behaving as a good-spirited citizen ought to. His genuine nature kept her connected.

"I have never seen Solis myself." Admitting this is hard for her, and shame and bitterness taint her words. "Legends tell that he is golden like the sun, and upon his chest is a glowing marking like I have." She gestures at the circular disc that is upon her chest with inky feathers. She'd had it from birth but never appreciated it until coming to Novus. Of course Pan's suggestion that Solis may resemble her (instead of the other way around) inflated her ego, and certainly she puffed up like a balloon with pride (even as she knew that this idea was preposterous). Pan's willingness to do the bidding of Solis puts her over the edge, and she resolutely decides she likes him and - despite his clear inclination to be near the sea rather than the desert - she will keep him under her wing.

His disappointment at the lack of appearance by Solis is palpable, and it's like a crack on her shell, for she too wants to be bathed in the light of the god. His attempt to lure the deity further is endearing. "I do not believe he will appear to us, for he is a God and we but his servants. Under only extreme circumstances do I believe he will come." She bows her crown to the young scaled man. "Your efforts are delightful and Solis shall shine his good will down upon you. As for service, I am sure that you may continue to spread the good word of the Sun God to those around you." And so the proselytizing truly begins. "Enlighten your brothers, sisters. Remind them of what Solis provides for them. Serve, protect, love. Praise him always for your good fortune! Solis, above all others." With these last words she tosses her great wings out and upwards, the pendant upon her neck jingling softly from the motion. The sun dazzles from behind the feathers and even with her blackened body she is the glory that she promises. Gently and so slowly, softly, she lets her wings descend, and her gold orbs soften to look with care upon the gentleman. "Keep the faith, Pan, and you will be rewarded." Without another word she lifts the appendages once more, turning to canter off and with a few strong sweeps she is airborne, and setting off into the horizon.

Tag: @Pan
OOC: Whew! Sorry that took so long. Felt good tho :) she's convinced Pan is her disciple now

Messages In This Thread
To the heavens - by Pan - 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-02-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-03-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-03-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-04-2017, 06:18 AM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-04-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Pan - 07-05-2017, 01:25 PM
RE: To the heavens - by Inkheart - 07-09-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: To the heavens - by inkbone - 08-13-2017, 03:24 AM