Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Gentle drops, sliding down my heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

f l o r e n t i n e

Florentine has never met anyone quite like him. Lothaire. His name is ease upon her tongue, a sigh, she fancies, in the dark of this night. He is opposite to her, in nearly every way.  Maybe it should grate against her, but it does not. This meeting and the air they share is too easy. Their silence is a balm, soothing and warming like impending sleep, creeping, silently, sweetly upon her.

Solitude is not the same as loneliness.

Those words leave the flower girl lost. Solitude within herself could only mean loneliness… could it not? Her heart stutters as she wonders of her own foolishness, even as she searches herself, only to find her soul an open book and her heart exposed for all to see. Florentine had never been reserved, never kept to the quiet corners of her soul nor let herself become acquainted with the distant parts of her being.

Not even death had driven her to reside more closely within herself. It has scarred her friend more than it had ruined her. “You are right.” She acknowledges at last, feeling the lap of water at her sides when he shivers. The cool inspires her own body to tremble and she does, in earnest.

Gold eyelashes lower to fan across her cheeks, midnight black, even in the dark of the night. When at last her eyes open, they find Lothaire once more. “But solitude can lead to loneliness.” She warns him, lightly, sadly.

Her words draw him in, loosing the dust from his heart and setting a flame to burn in his eye. A blink, however, and the moment is gone, just his words, keen and curious, still linger where the warmth of his desire once was. “Then visit me one day Lothaire and I will tell you my stories and any you like, I shall show you, one day.” When my magic returns her sadness whispers from the ragged hole in her being.

The serpent boy turns from her and she moves to follow, silent, obedient, their bodies leaving a rippling wakes to spread across the water. It is upon the shore that she stops beside him. The air of this summer’s night is a fierce bite along her wet and dripping skin. She shivers once, twice and again until it becomes near constant.

“I must go, return home before they think I have deflected…” Her eyes trickle over him and hummingbird fast, the girl thoughtfully lays a ghost of a kiss upon his cheek. She is away, with wings spread and only a flurry of air to let him know she was ever there. A solitary glance is cast back as she takes to the air, “Don’t let yourself become lonely, Lothaire.”

And she is gone, only her voice remaining, its soft “Goodbye,” drifting across the water.

@Lothaire 

this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-25-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Florentine - 08-14-2017, 11:54 AM