Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - remold me like infinite birth--

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rouge

Rouge

Equines are not solitary creatures by nature. This fact is not lost on Rouge, considering the entirety of his lives he had been one. To seek out relationships, however distant they may be, was only natural - horses, himself included, needed protection, compassion, but most importantly love. Standing there before the mare, he can see that maybe she had spent too long alone - frightened, agitated, he feels her tense bodice against the bulk of his skin. She takes in a prolonged breath, as if an unknown force holds their hand against her airway - as if she's drowning in her own sadness. 

Before he has a chance to ask her if she was okay, she is responding to him. "You have?" She manages to ask tremulously, and Rou nods his head. "You don't have to be afraid...I understand your pain." And he did - wholeheartedly he felt every bit of her sorrow and distress, for he too had lived it many times. 

When she accepts his offer to bring her back home, the stallion smiles. She tells him she needs his help, and then gives her name. 

Reckitt. Her voice saying her name, soft and sweet, replays in his mind. He bows her head to her, glances up through cerulean eyes and grins. "A pleasure to meet you, Reckitt," He says. Before he can say another word she is eagerly asking questions about him. He lets out a warm chuckle, and nods to affirm.  "I used to be a leader, long ago. I'd do anything for those I care about." Rouge lets the words settle, resonate with her for a moment. He looks down to his hooves, swallowing as memories wash over him, nostalgia chilling him to his bone. He'd only been in Novus a short time, but already he felt he was doing right by his own intentions...but he can't say it doesn't hurt, having no closure in any other life. 

These thoughts fade as he hears her hushed whisper. "I am no horse..." She says almost secretly, as if she is ashamed of it. To this, Rou tilts his head - how could she not be a horse, if she is standing right there before him as one? Rouge is hardly one to judge, though - he knows the things Death is capable of - so he gives her a friendly nudge. "I suppose I'll have to teach you to be one, then." He says tenderly, gesturing for her to come forward. "Come. We can talk about some things on our way to Dawn..." He looks deep into her haunting amber eyes, stares at her virgin ivory, and then carefully drapes his wing over her once more. "You're safe now Reckitt." 

im not afraid of leaving, not of god & not of death.

@Reckitt <3

Messages In This Thread
remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 03-11-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 03-12-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 03-18-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 03-22-2019, 08:48 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-04-2019, 10:29 AM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-04-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-06-2019, 10:49 AM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-08-2019, 09:04 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-10-2019, 08:08 PM