Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - remold me like infinite birth--

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rouge

Rouge

There was never a shortage of lives to be lived.

He realized this long ago, on the last deathbed he found himself on, before he had made an appearance in Novus. It was comforting, at least, to know He could carry Rouge onto the next life - that after that black veil brought itself over his eyes, Rouge would find himself somewhere new; a fresh start, to put it simply. This wasn't without sacrifice though. This did not come without pain or uncertainty or anger. For why must he continue to rebuild, to take the weight of his nostalgia and create something new? Which was scarier - to be reborn or waste away in cold oblivion? 

He listens to her, how her bitter voice bites for something, some remnant of hope that maybe this was all a dream. "...had I been given a choice." Ah, but what was a choice to Death? They had no control over how He decided to handle them - should Rouge tell her she was lucky for this chance at all?

He doesn't...not now anyways. He figures she will figure it out on her own time, and with his wing still draped protectively across her back, he leads her home. Delumine, he hopes, will give her some solace in such a terrifying time. When she asks him what safe is, he sighs.  "Safe is just a feeling. I couldn't tell you if we are ever truly safe from the evils of this world," Rou replies, glancing over to her, watching how she stares longingly at her own reflection. As though if she had any choice, she'd be back to where she came from...unfortunately, he knew that wasn't how it worked. She apologizes almost immediately, to which Rouge smiles.  "It is surely alright...this is all an adjustment. I hope I can help you feel safe, though." He says, moving away from the river and traveling east towards Delumine. 

"...I have to be a horse, whether I choose to or not." To this, Rou can only nod. He's never been out of his own equine body before, so while he feels the innate sadness of her tone, this isn't something he feels comfortable commenting on. Instead, in an attempt to give her some sort of respite, he pulls her closer with his wing. Was this what she needed, a shoulder to cry on?

"With the body you reside in now, I doubt you will have much issue with the equines," He says, sighing. "As for your own...I'd be cautious. I assume you come from a land of peace among horses and wolves...not every place is so loving." He knows this will strike her heart, but who is he to lie? He only hopes he can help her find peace within herself here...

He couldn't be blamed for hoping.

im not afraid of leaving, not of god & not of death.

@Reckitt - eeeeeeee i love them.

Messages In This Thread
remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 03-11-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 03-12-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 03-18-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 03-22-2019, 08:48 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-04-2019, 10:29 AM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-04-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-06-2019, 10:49 AM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-08-2019, 09:04 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: remold me like infinite birth-- - by Rouge - 04-10-2019, 08:08 PM