Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Something wicked this way comes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

The Shaman Has Appeared!

The Shaman comes, bidden by your call. The hedges part and his pale figure strides proudly out from between them, a smile playing at the corners of his blacked lips. He seems delighted at your demands, for you have taken part in this game he has constructed and tailored.

"The truth? I thought you would already know it,” the Shaman says in his lilting voice, walking past you and stepping into the water. The dark surface remains still, no sign of the pale creatures rising to attack. “You came here for the relic. But do you think it would be given up easily? It it were, it would be for anyone's taking." He lowers his muzzle to the water, a long pause taken as he takes in a single long draught, his throat moving with every swallow. Beads of black water drop from his lips as he stares at his own reflection in the depths. "You’ve defended yourself from my children. You’ve stood after being knocked down. Now, all you have left is to answer my riddle. Get it right, and what once was lost may again be found—get it wrong, and I will leave you here to face the Maze once again, without my guidance.

Answer me this:

“This thing repeats, no man ever yet did see,
it never was but is always to be.
From Orien’s first breath to Caligo’s great dark,
Birthed from nothing and returning thenceforth.
It leaves behind a single sign:
the passing of the sun across the sky.”

@Nimue

You may write your character interacting with the Shaman, but please pm your response to the Random Events account! Title the pm as “RIDDLE—Character Name.” You have until Sunday, August 6th to get your answer pm sent! Your IC may be made during that time or after the winner is selected. If multiple correct answers are received, a dice roll may be used to decide who the winner is.

Happy writing!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
Something wicked this way comes - by Nimue - 07-03-2017, 01:52 AM
RE: Something wicked this way comes - by Nimue - 07-14-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Something wicked this way comes - by Nimue - 07-26-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: Something wicked this way comes - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: Something wicked this way comes - by Nimue - 08-03-2017, 11:57 PM
RE: Something wicked this way comes - by inkbone - 09-24-2017, 01:34 AM