Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- ninth house

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

The Shaman Has Appeared!

The bird begins to hop and chatter in excitement, pacing back and forth along the bank as you approach. Its bright eyes glint menacingly, but it keeps its distance as you make your way out of the water. For a moment it stills, eyes locked upon your own as its jabbering fades and its frenzied movements come to a halt.

In the spacing between two heartbeats, it disappears, leaving behind nothing but mist in its wake.

“So, you’ve made it to the center of the maze,” the Shaman says in his lilting voice from behind you, seemingly unaffected by the frigid water as he stands fetlocks-deep. “You’ve made it past my friends and their tricks. All that remains is for you to answer my riddle. Get it right, and what once was lost may again be found—get it wrong, and I will leave you here to face the Maze once again, without my guidance.

“Answer me this:

“This thing repeats, no man ever yet did see,
it never was but is always to be.
From Orien’s first breath to Caligo’s great dark,
Birthed from nothing and returning thenceforth.
It leaves behind a single sign:
the passing of the sun across the sky.”

@Bexley

You may write your character interacting with the Shaman, but please pm your response to the Random Events account! Title the pm as “RIDDLE—Character Name.” You have until Sunday, August 6th to get your answer pm sent! Your IC may be made during that time or after the winner is selected. If multiple correct answers are received, a dice roll may be used to decide who the winner is.

Happy writing!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
ninth house - by Bexley - 07-03-2017, 01:55 AM
RE: ninth house - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: ninth house - by Bexley - 07-09-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: ninth house - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: ninth house - by Bexley - 07-24-2017, 01:09 AM
RE: ninth house - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: ninth house - by Random Events - 08-16-2017, 12:22 AM