Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - teach me how to love you like I wrote;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Forseti

The world closed in around her, darkness tucking itself cozily into the folds of her wings on a night that grew endlessly outward. The spaces between her and it stretched on and she could feel the tug of a thought unravel itself as she wandered away from closed-off walls and into the expanse. It pulled her then as it had always done; containing in its singular element a thousand beginnings and endings with no real answer to any questions asked. That's how it had always been, and she refused to let things stay the same. Long had been the travels she undertook for the sake of a sense of freedom, the feeling of anything but the burden of one whose purpose was lost to moot points and dead opinions. Never had doubts been satisfied, never had emotions been felt by a heart that was meant to beat but for one service: to learn of things of past lives that meant nothing to them, the misdeeds and wrongdoings of Gods who may have, occasionally, partook in an act of kindness. She scoffed at them, she, built from a molded desire for greater things, deeming them unworthy of being remembered.

The glow of a moon she didn't know guided a way toward a kingdom she was not part of, long resting behind her the gates of the one she belonged to but didn't yet understand the concept of. The allowance of choice wasn't made aware to her, and alliance was a fickle thing in the heart of one who cared not for gods. Crossing the paths of many who devoted themselves to sightless figures seemed reckless and wasteful, and she would not be one who followed their in irrational footsteps. She was born to hold all the knowledge about them and nothing else, everything they could ever be capable of, and instead she figured it time to learn how to be mortal. But with mortality would come emotions she had never felt, never seen, and perhaps it would be that night with the brokenhearted that she would learn something other than godly things.

The call of the fire in the coolness of the night--a lingering touch of something so sweet, so tempting--drew her closer to the man who only yearned to get away. He seemed to want to leave everything behind while she wished them all to her, the teachings of ideas that were locked away from a young child who knew nothing but what was put in front of her to memorize. All for the sake of--what?--a listless life that would produce empty hearts for the price of a full mind that was useful to none.

The giant-winged girl made way to the flame, until he stopped her. The motion of the fleeing in the near distance pulled her toward him instead, questions laying dormant on her lips. They weren't about him, but instead about her. As the darkened, star-speckled body moved onward and their gap closed, she snapped a wing out to block wherever he seemingly headed; without any meaning, really, for she saw it as the logical way to cease him from leaving her. "Where are we?" The voice was slightly rough and airy, a rounded stone tossed gently across a still pond. Depth-filled golden eyes searched his frame for any clues she should gain. For what, though, she was gaining, she didn't know. "What is your name, and what is your purpose here?" The skull-drawn face was flat, neither malice nor benevolence creased in the features, merely a curious gaze with blunt words.
Vultures circle overhead
people love to watch a wreck
CREDITS

@asterion i dont know if i should apologize or not, i hope this is decent enough :')

Messages In This Thread
teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 03-27-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 03-27-2019, 08:57 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 04-01-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 04-06-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 04-26-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 05-01-2019, 09:47 AM