Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - teach me how to love you like I wrote;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Forseti

Wrapped around his star-speckled body he seemed to bring an aura of duty in the spaces he surrounded, exuding hesitant regalness, leaking the sense of a burden she didn't understand. What was truly upon his shoulders was the weight of an entire kingdom, one that, in reality, was far from the grandeur of its past; but the past brought tragedy, heartache, and it would seem there, with the two of them and their beating pulses and wayward souls, that same torment would weave its way around their spirits and tug them down with it. She had never felt emotion before--she was a ticking clock, an observant statue--but being there with him beneath the eyes of a knowing moon her chest was tight and she ached: she ached for him with his somber eyes and mournful heart.

She had arrived on wings made of birch boughs and earthen tones, enormous and unusual in their size. They carried an equally fictile body, and pieced together they created an imposing creature who didn't even know what possessing fear meant. She was not afraid of the strangeness of a foreign land, nor those who could potentially cause her harm. She didn't know of hostility, of love--their meanings of course were factual knowledge but to feel them... She didn't feel. Not yet.

In the span of a moment while he heeded her demand to cease his motions and address her their eyes locked: liquid gold and richest of earth's bed sharing unspeakable languages. Would he understand hers? Was she be able to decipher the broken sonnets in his? Their melancholy lyrics were lost in translation, maybe, but she knew something akin to desperation. She knew of the desire for unspoken promises and a hope for more. And maybe that would be enough to tie them there closely in that tiny universe for just a little while.

His stars shone under the twinkling sky as he regarded her like she to him. He seemed startled by her hasty actions, no thought, just reflex. Though it did not cross her mind that perhaps she was out of line, an unknown face to one who noticeably lived there. But she wouldn't apologize, wouldn't think twice of it, for he began to sate her curiosity with his answers. A land called Novus, the Dusk Court, Terrastella. She filed names away, the paths to locations that brought her there, overhead views from flight mapping out ways to get around. The ways he spoke alluded to him being of some importance to the 'Terrastella' since the words alone made him more alive. Asterion, with a private purpose. She nodded once, in acknowledgment, eliciting a slight glance between them. And then he relaxed. Her outstretched wing replaced itself against her earthen side, tucking up neatly beneath the rich maroon cape around her nape.

Then it was her turn. And while his expressions softened slightly her features never changed from its hand-drawn stillness, stoic. Who was she, exactly? She didn't know if she was a 'who' really. She just was. "They call me Forseti." For it was true, the name given by those of a long-gone past still clinging onto her. Named after a god she could never see. "I am searching," she replied back, since she saw no reason for anything but bluntness. Searching for what, though, she couldn't say. So she gave no explanation. "Searching, like you."
Vultures circle overhead
people love to watch a wreck
CREDITS

@asterion much muse for them <33

Messages In This Thread
teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 03-27-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 03-27-2019, 08:57 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 04-01-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 04-06-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Forseti - 04-26-2019, 11:00 AM
RE: teach me how to love you like I wrote; - by Asterion - 05-01-2019, 09:47 AM