Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - Singing to me 'Glory'

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

ULRIC
You would have to be blind to miss the fiery avian dancing through the dying light of evening, and deaf not to hear her demanding cry.

The Warden of Delumine was just outside the citadel, standing near a roaring bonfire cast in an impressive brazier when Solaris descended upon him. Confusion lit his face dimly lit his features, but there was no possible way he could ever forget the phoenix, even more so the sunkissed woman she always accompanied. But… she was nowhere to be seen, though the crumpled letter at his feet soon gave reason as to why. Vexing as the simple, somewhat messy note was, Ulric was powerless but to follow its directions, and Solaris herself seemed eager to lead him to his destination.

Through the plains and trees they blazed their path, Solaris leaving a trail of embers for Ulric to follow as he raced across the land on foot. The Amare Creek wasn’t but a short jaunt south from the capitol, and as he emerged from the trees that outlined the twisting body of water, there she was in all her glory – crimson on alabaster, a beacon of light against the creeping darkness as Calligo embraced the land as her own. Slowing to a brisk walk, a smirk began to formulate on his lips and a gaggle of snide remarks clashed for supremacy on his tongue. But when Israfel lifted those tragic vermillion eyes to him, eyes of which he had glimpsed numerous times in a dream, they all died away and he hesitated.

Against the black of night, her eyes shone brilliantly against the moon hanging low in the sky. They glittered and shined in a way he had never seen before, and it took a moment before he realized that… she was crying.

“… Isra?” Her name fell from his lips, his own eyes full of bewilderment. Throwing caution to the wind, the roan began to close the distance between them. “What are you doing out here?” Slowly, ever so carefully did he reach toward her, wishing to brush his muzzle against her neck in a simple effort to connect. Thus far, their relationship had been built on nothing but vile jokes and crude looks, and he didn’t want to push boundaries he wasn’t meant to pass. But to see her in such agony? He was willing to go boldly past them in order to see her well again.

“What’s happened?”

he who drinks from the deep water
may he know the depths of the well
Artist credit

@Israfel <____<

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-08-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM