Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - United with my own loneness--[Corr]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

Winter brought many changes. The temperatures dropped drastically and life seemed to go into hiding and hibernation. It was tempting for Corrdelia to do the same, but she knew this would not be productive. She needed to continue moving around and getting out there, even if it was to just get a breath of fresh air.

Today, she had decided to leave her house to head to the Court's keep to see what all the hustle and bustle was. Apparently there were some activities going on and she didn't want to miss out. Plus, business had been slow lately so perhaps she could find some interested parties within the main Court.

Hāsta flew up ahead, a distant shape in the sky that served as her reference point. Even being here for some time now, she was still getting used to making her way around. It was helpful to have her crow familiar show her the way so she could make sure not to get lost. Although, leaving the house today proved to be a challenge as the crow made sure to express her dislike. Corr was used to it now since there was very little that made the bird happy. Eventually she got through to her and she agreed to go out (besides, what else would she do anyway? Hāsta spent the majority of her time with Corr and didn't have anywhere else to be).

Soon the swamp was far behind them and they had made their way out onto the fields. Somehow even with the arrival of winter, it was still beautiful out here. The tall grass did not have its usual lush green color, but it had a soft frost that twinkled in the sunlight. The crunching sounds underneath her hooves was oddly satisfying.

The other nice thing about the fields is that it was easy to see who else was out here without Hāsta's help. Before the bird said anything, Corr noticed the form of another equine ahead. Perhaps they had similar plans for the day?

"There's someone up ahead. Not sure what they're doing, just seems like they're standing around… could be waiting for someone. We should be careful."

"You worry too much! There's no harm in introducing ourselves. If it turns out weird, we can just leave," she replied, attempting to be reassuring. The crow was too pessimistic and most of the time she was wrong in her assumptions.

Corr picked up her pace to a trot and headed over to the stranger. They did not look familiar, so it was likely they were not from within the Dusk Court. By the expression on their face, they seemed troubled. Maybe she was just the one to help.

"Hi there! Are you alright?" she called out before coming up beside them and offered a small smile. "My name is Corrdelia. What brings you out here?"

There was a caw above them, which clearly was Hāsta's protesting, but the mare ignored her. After circling a couple times, the bird came down and landed on Corr's shoulder, eyeing the stranger suspiciously.

"Oh and this is Hāsta, but don't mind her, she's all talk really!"

@Reckitt oof this isn't the best sorry haha

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-05-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-06-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-10-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 11:28 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-20-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-26-2019, 11:17 AM