Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - United with my own loneness--[Corr]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

It appeared her attempt at being kind didn't work. The woman became even more distraught and practically shut down. It broke Corr's heart and she felt a wave of guilt wash over her.

"This one is crazy. I don't know what she's babbling about, but this may be one that we cannot help, Corr…"
"No." Her companion was wrong. She just met Reckitt and she wasn't going to give up on her yet. It was clear she was in need of a friend and Corr wasn't the type to abandon those in need.

The way the woman spoke of her, Hāsta and this other world made Corr curious. She was so sure of their friendship and, after all, how else could she have known her last name? She wasn't that famous. Although, the idea of Hāsta being there but not alive was an interesting concept. Had she been a spirit? Perhaps Reckitt was talking about a past life? Or was there really such a thing as alternate universes?

"No, alternate universes aren't real."
"You don't know that. I've had the visions. There is so much to this world that we do not understand."
"I understand it just fine- she's crazy."

Then Reckitt spoke of Wolf. Or rather, being a wolf. They had both been wolves. Corr's heart skipped a beat. Her spirit guide was Wolf.

This had to mean something. In nearly every reading she did, Wolf was there. He was her protector and teacher and appeared in her dreams. Wolf was a shapeshifter, the pathfinder, a symbol of shamanism. He was one of the guides that directed her towards shamanism in the first place. If her and Reckitt had been wolves in another life - or another world - it would make sense.

"How does that-" but Corr blocked Hāsta's telepathy. She didn't want to hear more of the bird's skepticism. While she appreciated her companion, at times, it would be best if the crow just trusted what she said.

"I believe you," the words came out soft and shaky at first, but something in Corr felt sure of this. "I'm sorry I don't recall, but I believe we were friends- are friends. Wolf is a mysterious one among the spirit guides. He is known to teach us lessons and also has the ability to shapeshift. I think… somehow we knew each other in another life, or another form. It's certainly not a coincidence. I see Wolf all the time in my readings, so it's all connected somehow. It has to be."

The thought came over her then- if Reckitt was saying they had been wolves and she was this torn up, perhaps she had just been a wolf recently? Maybe she had somehow shapeshifted way later than Corr but kept all of her memories. None of it made any reasonable sense, but there was a lot about magic that they didn't know or understand.

"I think Wolf brought you on this new path for a reason. Why, I'm not sure, but the fact that we're meeting again isn't a coincidence either," Corr reassured the woman, getting closer to her and offering a comforting smile. "I'm not too familiar with the Gods and Goddesses of Novus yet, but I do know that the ancient Horse spirit guide teaches inner strength and freedom. This might be a path we're meant to be on- to learn something. I know it seems hard right now, Reckitt, but we must trust the spirit guides. I believe it's all happening for a reason and everything will work out."

Hopefully Reckitt would be able to understand or at least stop being sad. Corrdelia desperately wanted to help her and be her friend, especially if they had been close before. The friendship seemed to have been important and she would take that seriously.

@Reckitt

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-05-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-06-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-10-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 11:28 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-20-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-26-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-30-2019, 10:13 PM