Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - United with my own loneness--[Corr]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

And at last, Corrdelia breathed a sigh of relief. Reckitt had seemed to calm after everything Corr muttered on about, so she had done something right finally. It was hard to explain the desperation she now felt to be there for her new (or rather, old?) friend. Some would call her crazy (Hāsta already was!), but there was so much to this world that they did not know. Even she did not know it all, although she pretended that she did.

"It's still you under there."

The mare chuckled. "Why, of course it's me! Corrdelia Maude is a unique individual and there's no one else like me! Well, besides my wolf form I suppose? But that is still me too." Her mind wandered, wondering just how much alike the wolf was. What other forms might they have on other planes? It was a fascinating concept.

"You're both crazy."
"Oh hush now, you old bird! You wouldn't understand. Your brain is much smaller than ours. You're not good with abstract thinking!" she snapped at the crow, breaking out of their telepathy.
"Wow really, you're going to bring the size of my brain into this?" Hāsta fluffed her feathers and looked extremely offended, but Corr brushed it off. She would get over all this eventually.

Reckitt commented on how strange her equine body was while leaning into Corr for comfort. Although they were somewhat strangers, the closeness did not bother her and actually was quite comforting to her as well.

The mare looked around at her own body, taking in the curve of her hooves and the way her tail swatted back and forth. This form she was used to, at least on this plane, but she supposed if she switched right to being a wolf, she would feel very discombobulated.

"I'm sure you'll get used to it in time, dear. Baby foals stand up as newborns, but they certainly don't know how to walk right! But they keep trying and trying until they get it right, then they grow into their bodies. That's what you have to do, just in an adult body. So, just don't trip and you'll be good!" She nodded and smiled, seeming very happy with her advice. Next to her, Hāsta rolled her eyes.

This re-acquainted friendship made Corr very happy and it seemed to be doing the same to Reckitt. The last time she had felt this happy was when she was with her sister Briar back with Astreas. There was some nostalgia to the feeling and she wanted to take hold of it and never let it go.

A lightbulb went off in her head.

"Say, 'Kitt, why don't you join me in the Terrastella festivities tonight? That's where my court lives - the Dusk Court. They would be happy to have you. Apparently there are many fun things going on. It'll take your mind off of being a not-wolf!" Corr pulled away from the mare and her stance changed almost to that of an excited puppy. Now that she had the idea in her head, she really hoped the woman would say yes. Maybe Corr could show her all the great things about Novus and she wouldn't mind being here after all.

@Reckitt this is kind of all over the place but I love them so much <3

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-05-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-06-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 10:57 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-10-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-10-2019, 11:28 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-20-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Reckitt - 04-26-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: United with my own loneness--[Corr] - by Corrdelia - 04-30-2019, 10:13 PM