Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- use the HONORIFIC

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

My footsteps slow as I wander the maze, for the world around me seems to grow darker. A haze settles, and it seems like the walls of the hedge are closing in around me. I feel a chill on my skin as it feels like I'm walking into winter, except without snow. Ice on the hedges, my own frosty breath, a stiff ground hardened by freeze. I stop, feeling concerned about moving forward. I can't see where I'm going, I don't know what's in here... why the hell would I go on? Just then there's a cackle somewhere within the now-thick fog. And yet I push on, thoughts of Damaris and pride keeping my striped hooves moving as much as the courage that no one (including myself) might have thought of me.

Revealed to me is what I can only guess is the shaman - for he doesn't look like he could be a normal inhabitant of Novus. He seems the wizened old fool that I had been expecting - yet as he speaks he sounds a great deal younger. (A GREAT deal. The mismatch was entirely unnerving.) Goose bumps prick along my pelt and my blood courses thick inside. He knows my name and knows my agenda. I nod in response to his question, not managing words to manage my stare. 'You will have to follow me to find it.' Well of COURSE I do... that's how things like this work, right? I sigh, resigning myself to the fate of these Gods that are rather unfamiliar to me.

As he wanders off I seem not to be able to catch him -- some sort of sorcery that I might expect of a shaman. After all, they are rather mystical. I'm nervous, but somehow trust in this.. process. Though I have no good reason to, I believe the shaman will do what he says and that somehow this will all be worth it in the end. But the sudden laughter behind me - NOT a happy, enjoyable sound as it should be -  makes me stop in my tracks, and slowly turn around. At first I can't see anything, the fog closing in as much behind me as in front of me. Then, so slowly... the haze clears to reveal a sphinx. A mythical creature I'd only heard rainy-day tales of, certainly one I'd never thought to actually exist.

I gulp and turn fully to face it. We stare at each other for a moment, the laugh clearly having come from the amalgamation of creatures before me. Her face is beautiful, eyes enchanting. Her wings are tucked against her leonine body as she sits on her haunches, not moving except the slightest twitch of her tail. My voice does not ooze confidence, but neither does it crack from nervousness or fear. "I'm guessing... you're here to test me, somehow." Again.. the way this game seems to be going would certainly call for such a thing.

WC: 490
Tag: @

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-04-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-11-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM