Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- use the HONORIFIC

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

The Shaman Has Appeared!

“You will have to prove you are not.” As your hoof strikes the canine it dissolves, mist replacing its body. One by one the others lunge, but they too are consumed by the fog upon contact until none of them remain, and you stand unharmed. Your determination seems to have appeased her, for as you look back to the sphinx she is gone, and in her place stands the Shaman. As you turn to face him the maze whirls around you, reworking itself on a whim until eight pathways lead from where you stand, creating an octagonal clearing. If you pay close enough attention, you might be able to catch one entrance open while another simultaneously closes.

“So, you’ve made it to the center of the maze,” the Shaman says in his lilting voice, pacing around the clearing. “Now all you have left is to answer my riddle. Get it right, and what once was lost may again be found—get it wrong, and I will leave you here to face the Maze once again, without my guidance.

“Answer me this:

“This thing repeats, no man ever yet did see,
it never was but is always to be.
From Orien’s first breath to Caligo’s great dark,
Birthed from nothing and returning thenceforth.
It leaves behind a single sign:
the passing of the sun across the sky.”

@Rostislav

You may write your character interacting with the Shaman, but please pm your response to the Random Events account! Title the pm as “RIDDLE—Character Name.” You have until Sunday, August 6th to get your answer pm sent! Your IC may be made during that time or after the winner is selected. If multiple correct answers are received, a dice roll may be used to decide who the winner is.

Happy writing!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-04-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-11-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 08-16-2017, 12:21 AM