Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dance Lessons

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
a palace of broken glass stands within me
(it is for dancing on)

M
esnyi passes over the withered attempt at gossip like a doe across a brook, thirst quenched. She already knows, she has drunk of the whispered word and swallowed, swallowed, swallowed until it filled her belly with candyfloss powder and upside-down birds, butterflies in reverse and something like a stomachache. She did not need to push him for anything more than a humph., and she is happy to oblige his request. Mesnyi’s skin does not prickle with the nearness of unfamiliar bodies, she knows this dance and it should matter little to her with whom she dances. How often did it feel - dare she say it - special? 

If she were the humphing type -

The violin drawled out a thin, high note, like a stuck songbird, and Mesnyi took a step back.  ”Follow me. I step back, you step forward. I step forward, you step back. That is how this song begins.” That is how she would continue, granting that there were no trips or questions. The violin would hold its note for an explanation or a mistake. The song was, of course, meant to be some beats faster, but she had endless patience for a perfectly held note. 

After a good while of this back and forth, back and forth, the rhythm changed.  ”This is a story,” she said.  ”You take two steps forward, and I take two back. We pause - here - and do this twice, and if the room is full of my students, no one will collide.” She smiled, hoping to comfort him, but in her head she saw the rows of couples skipping backwards, glittering under light and liquor. The dream, the dream, the attainable dream. Attainable, yes. All things are within reach for Mesnyi. All things, all things, all things… 

”It is a story about star-crossed lovers.”

Eik | "speaks" | notes: this is definitely not how you teach dance
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
Dance Lessons - by Eik - 04-14-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Mesnyi - 04-28-2019, 03:29 AM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Eik - 05-03-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Mesnyi - 05-15-2019, 01:56 PM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Eik - 05-23-2019, 10:10 AM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Mesnyi - 07-03-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Dance Lessons - by Eik - 07-28-2019, 10:37 AM