Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - she was waiting for a sword

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

of dawn court
MAERYS

Maerys was curious about his mother who was also in the warrior rankings. Did she fight like the devil, fully devoid of sympathy? Did she crush and slaughter her foes? At the end of it all, when the mighty red sun rose above the horizon, did she walk away mercilessly letting her defeated enemies rot? Imagination was painful and tiresome, but so addicting to the fae. She wondered tirelessly about the infinite possibilities in her universe. In moments like these, her imagination painted horrendous images of war and loss in her mind, her thoughts narrating each image with unrivaled allegiance. It was peculiar... the injury you could conjure up from just a mere thought. "I shouldst knoweth mine own allies," she mused out loud, her voice cutting deeply through the images of blood and battle. "I shall searcheth for her a different eve." A meager simper morphs her lips as she speaks to the lad. Her tongue was that of bells, more suitable than bird tune, both heartfelt yet resolute. Though her tone rivaled the excellence of a fiddle, there was something uncomplicated about it (conceivably that's what made it so distinctly beautiful).

He mentioned Milo once more, his faithful companion, before admitting his desire to fly accurately and skillfully. Though grievously mediocre right now, Maerys could distinctly see his eagerness and devotion to the skill and heeded that one dawn in the future he would be a magnificent flier (though she did momentarily question if his stunted state would bar him from ever moving correctly in the heavens). Her mauve eyes flick upwards, regarding the swiftly ascending sun and the wintry vapors that dapple the sky. Between these clouds that promised snowfall was a quickly morphing atmosphere- from twilight to daylight. She did not, nor would she ever, know the feeling of the zephyr below her feathered appendages. She would never fly with the birds that raced and tweeted from their high altitude. She would never know the weight of wings at her side. Her hooves were made to travel quickly and briskly on the ground. She could cover the uneven ground, swamp to desert, with a great loping gait as if her ankles were made of tightly coiled springs rather than sinew and bone. From any perspective, it was clear the girl was born not to fly but to run. "I wouldst offer to teachest thee, but it wouldst not help thee much," she sighed before shifting slightly to expose her bare flank and noticeable lack of wings. "And I'm sure thou art not untalented, thou art still learning. Thee shall be a bird soon."

The boy's admittance that he spends his vacant time after schoolings with his sister heats Maerys's core. With such a tumultuous upbringing, Maerys never really had a family and regrets that she never had the opportunity to spend more time with her parents before their untimely passing. She wants to preach to the boy to never take those he loves for granted for they could be gone in a single breath, but she saves her tongue for what use would a child lecturing a child be? She was believed she was wiser than him by a fraction, but not enough to instill sage advice in him. "Sounds like a most wondrous afternoon."

The boy, though so young, was intelligent and well-spoken (better than Maerys!). She felt as if she was speaking to someone her own age rather than this meager boy. His intellect was palpable when he spoke, addressed, inquired, responded, everything. "Perhaps thee couldst giveth me a tour of the grounds? Or if't be true thee'd rather practice now than acquaint me with the area, mayhaps another eve?" The offer was simplistic and candid. If Regis would prefer training and adhere to his agenda, Maerys would fully understand. If he however didn't mind, she would love to see what the land has to offer with him- a tour from the Dawn prince himself (though she didn't know that quite yet).

@Regis absolutely so sorry for the wait <3 had to move out of my dorm for the summer & took a bit of my time

IT WASN'T ABOUT PRAYING TO THE GOD YOU BELIEVE IN
IT WAS SOLELY ABOUT BELIEVING IN YOURSELF

Messages In This Thread
she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 04-29-2019, 03:02 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 05-05-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 05-20-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 07-01-2019, 03:55 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 07-28-2019, 11:38 PM