Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - but the steel around your heart is starting to rust

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

I am the fire, I am burning brighter
Roaring like a storm
And I am the one I've been waiting for
Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire
As Israfel came to stand just before the bay stallion, she was silent even at his greeting. There was just something about Asterion that put her at ease, that soothed the ire in her heart like a hand might soothe disturbed fur. It was a simple action, existing, but the look that he oftentimes carried within his earthen brown eyes made her think of understanding, of compassion, of acceptance. She wondered what lurked beneath that gentle eyed stare, however, what exhaustion gripped his shoulders when no one was looking.

The woes of leadership. She could only imagine, and the things formed by her imagination were not pretty.

Letting out a soft breath, the Warden’s glittering vermilion gaze was heavy as she regarded her sovereign. An elegant pale brow rose. “Aw, shucks Asterion,” she answered with her typical cocksure grin, tilting her head and moving on ahead, letting the gild of her hooves carry her closer to the cliffside so that they stood side by side, “Neither did I. Typically I hate winter and can’t wait for it to fuck off… But this one hasn’t been too bad just yet.” Madness and lunacy across the world aside, of course.

Head rising, the Sun Daughter let her gaze wander towards the churning waves. The winter current seemed rather prominent, white caps forming on each cresting wave. The sound of churning water crashing against the cliffs was almost soothing, and within her gut she felt something shift. Interesting. Upon her croup, Solaris gave her bondmate a knowing glance and Israfel promptly ignored it.

’No.’

Clearing her throat, Israfel turned her head to meet Asterion’s gaze once more. She grinned ruefully, clearly in a good mood, and when she spoke next the Sun Daughter’s voice was light and carefree. “Progress report time, my liege. Our favorite. I’m here to relay that everything seems hunky-dory on the borderline. The Halcyon are keeping busy, for the most part… But I worry that whatever the fuck happened between Marisol and Theodosia are affecting their tenacity and capability of working together.” She frowned, rose-kissed lips twisting down. “I’ll ask Theodosia the next time I see her. I’m due for a check in on the soldiers anyway”

Casting her gaze back towards the ocean, she hummed beneath her breath. The shape of Cirrus soaring down by the crags and the crashing waves caught her eye for but a moment before the pallas gull was gone. “I’ve been homebound for the most part, so I haven’t heard word on the most recent developments within Solterra and Denocte, but things seem quiet in Delumine. I heard word of a murderer in the Viride, but it either grew bored or went into hiding because it’s been quiet. I’ve kept in contact with the Warden there.” In more than one way, not that Asterion needed to know that. She grinned at the memory.

Letting the grin fade from her lips, the Warden’s expression shifted into something far more somber. Her vermilion eyes focused on Asterion, taking in the fatigue that danced upon his face and the lines of stress that seemed to age him. Poor guy. He was far too gentle a soul to be cast under such pressure, and her heart went out to him. “... Have there been any developments aside from what we already know? Any word from the desert?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Asterion so sorry for the wait, Griff ;o; Don’t mind a sarcastic little Israfel.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: but the steel around your heart is starting to rust - by Asterion - 05-15-2019, 12:01 PM
RE: but the steel around your heart is starting to rust - by Israfel - 06-04-2019, 06:14 AM
RE: but the steel around your heart is starting to rust - by Asterion - 06-06-2019, 10:27 AM