Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - not the man i used to be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Grey

and he keeps waking up
but it's not to the sound of birds

'Hello!

The all too cheerful call rings out in the cold air like bells, high and chiming. Grey ignores it at first—whether believing it's not meant for him or choosing to pretend it isn't—and continues to walk. It isn't until the other equine makes his way to Grey's side that he has to accept the truth: whoever this is wants to talk to him.

The unicorn pauses and drops cool, snow-white eyes onto the man. There is as much warmth in them as there is in the touch of his skin. "I could say the same," he says with a rolling of his shoulders. He swings his head forward and begins to walk again, leaving his unwanted companion to follow of their own accord.

Grey doesn't have a destination in mind, but that doesn't mean mean he's going to stop and chit chat with every equine in the street who thinks he's suddenly way more interesting than be is. He would never get anywhere if he paused for everyone who said 'hello'; if he had anywhere to go.

"I hope you're not looking for directions, or any information at all for that matter," the words slip past his lips and fall to the ground like icicles, sharp and pointed. "I haven't been here long enough to know it." In reality, the truth was he just hasn't cared enough to learn anything.

This is not a permanent situation, his being here, especially considering he still hasn't found the thing Amaranthus had said he would. He also hasn't found any evidence that the Somnus that Mateo mentioned is the same one who reminds him of a time he'd much rather forget. At least, he has yet to see him, and that's good enough for Grey.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Lasairian

Messages In This Thread
not the man i used to be - by Grey - 05-14-2019, 11:43 AM
RE: not the man i used to be - by Lasairian - 05-14-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: not the man i used to be - by Grey - 05-16-2019, 08:16 AM
RE: not the man i used to be - by Lasairian - 05-16-2019, 02:33 PM
RE: not the man i used to be - by Grey - 06-30-2019, 02:26 PM