Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Site Wide Plot  - ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

corrdelia maude .
Much to Hāsta's disapproval, the pair had returned to the shore the next day.

The crow wanted nothing to do with it given how dangerous it was when the volcano was erupting. Corr insisted since something big was happening and she wanted to know what it was. She had already gone back and told some of the Dusk Court, but now she needed to see what came of it. The earth didn't crack and come apart for nothing. She didn't receive a message from The Tower card for nothing either.

So when they arrived to see no island but a strange bridge shrouded in clouds that stretched for miles, Corr felt confused. All the smoke and ash had cleared to reveal this unstable looking bridge of lava and who knew where it led to. Before she could lift up into the air again, Hāsta spoke through their telepathy, her voice frantic.

"Please tell me you're not actually going to go out there? We have no idea where this bridge goes to. We could die."

The mare rolled her eyes and turned to the crow now perched on her shoulder. "Maybe, but this bridge appeared for a reason. Do you not remember the card I drew back at the festival? I don't get these visions often but when I do, I can't ignore them."

"Sure, there might be a message in that, but that doesn't mean you have to go out there yourself. It just means someone else can and we can find out if they ever come back…"

"Are you sure you're a crow because you sure are a scaredy cat. We can fly ahead and scout the area from above. If it looks too dangerous, we can circle back around. Does that sound good? Or, of course, you can stay here and wait." She smiled at the thought. As much as Hāsta complained about Corr's choice of adventures, she never stayed behind even though she was never forced to come along.

This was why the crow didn't respond back and so the mare took to the sky again, kicking up some sand as she took flight. Hāsta took to the air again too, sticking close to Corr's side and looking extremely nervous. There wasn't much to be scared of since they were capable of flying and didn't have to use the bridge. However, the further they flew, the more danger she saw. Below them were creatures circling in the ocean. They came close to the bridge, but never completely broke the surface. You could see just enough of their fins and tentacles going through the water and it sent a chill down Corr's spine.

"See? Danger! It's luring us to our deaths!"
"Well, just don't fall down!"

But the longer they flew, the more their wings grew tired. It seemed all there was to see was clouds, bridge and ocean, but no actual end. Now Corr was starting to get worried.

"Let's go back, this is pointless."
"We've come this far though, now I'm just determined."
"Will you stop being stubborn for once and just think? This was a stupid idea and we're going to get killed. You call me a scaredy cat, but haven't you also heard of the term 'curiosity killed the cat?'"

Hāsta had a point, but the mare still wanted to make it to the end. She wanted to say she did it and also learn about the mysteries that were out here. There was so much of Novus she had yet to explore and this would be more interesting than just climbing over the mountains. It truly was an adventure and possibly one that few would muster up the courage to do.

"We'll just have to land on the bridge and walk the rest of the way. Unless you want to tire your wings and fall into the jaws of the sea monsters?"

But as Corr did so, the more worried she got. The bridge was narrow and, although it was made of lava, she wasn't entirely convinced that it would stay in one piece. Thankfully, it didn't seem to crumble once all of her weight was on it, so she walked forward cautiously. Hāsta took her usual spot on Corr's shoulder, making an audible sigh.

When they finally reached the end, both of them were in awe. It wasn't clear what exactly they had come upon, maybe an island? But it was covered in ivy, although it wasn't any ordinary ivy. Instead of the pale green she was used to, it seemed dark, almost black. It beckoned them forward in a mischievous way and Corr couldn't help but listen to its call. There were strange berries here too that looked both delicious and menacing at the same time. Poisonous possibly, as they always looked enticing to take their next victim.

"Okay, these are definitely moving. What the hell is this place?" the crow asked with disgust in her voice. Corr turned to see what she was talking about and she was right, the berries were… pulsing. Perhaps they were not berries at all, but some kind of living creature.

"I hope this wasn't a trap…"

"Oh if it is, I am not refraining from saying 'I told you so!' Maybe if we don't die here, you'll finally listen to me for once."

And for once, her companion was not wrong. She was likely right about this whole thing and that certainly meant that the two were in trouble. Corr felt a lump in her throat form and she gulped. Her eyes darted around as she attempted to find a way out, but it seemed the ivy was closing in on them.

Shit.

"Speaking."

Stock © Eriopsis / Dinpattern ; Code base by Laylalame

STAFF EDIT***
@corrdelia has rolled a 6! She has been awarded a mollusk shell that, when crushed ICly, will allow for an extra RE roll (but only for RE threads during the SWP). Please see the initial RE post on this thread for more info!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Eik - 05-17-2019, 07:45 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Moira - 05-19-2019, 12:02 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Ulric - 05-20-2019, 02:28 AM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Kratos - 05-20-2019, 02:59 AM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Maerys - 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by August - 05-22-2019, 09:53 AM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Ipomoea - 05-22-2019, 10:51 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Valefor - 05-26-2019, 12:47 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Angharad - 05-26-2019, 01:47 PM
RE: ACT II: a pilgrimage made strange - by Mateo - 05-26-2019, 03:12 PM