Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The slight misunderstanding was over before it had even had a chance to properly begin, which was likely a good thing, as Bel had no desire going up against such a large stallion if he was angry. She tilted her head when he spoke, returning his grin with her own calm smile, the soft vapors shifting a slightly warmer temperature, almost a touch of humidity to match the bright and warm air of the island. “Oh, I assure you, I most definitely won’t act like I can’t handle something. Confidence, after all, is likely eighty percent of the success to anything. Act like you can do it, and you shall.” She mused, tone almost playful, “I like to imagine I can handle just about anything thrown at me.” She agreed, her tone a touch more serious with this as she thought in regards to some of those things that she had done just that with – handled regardless of the situation.

The mare tilted her head when he called them an ‘interesting pair’ an amused smile gracing her gentle features at his explanation, nodding her head in agreement, “Ah, I imagine we’d draw many a second glances . . . . although, I am curious . . . how do you fly with an extra set of wings, I think they’d get in the way of one another.” She asked with sudden curiosity, her mind a lit with tales of multi-winged foals flapping their wings into a knot. Now there was an amusing story to tell the next time she found one willing to listen. Surely good for a laugh or two. She nodded when he spoke of the night predators he’d assist in driving away, her expression pleasantly relieved, “I’m grateful. Two angry, flailing sets of hooves are always better than one. And one burn from your set might have them running away before I could even do any damage.” She might be the sort to advocate in her ability to take care of herself, but she wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth – or more particularly the hooves.

As they began their trek into the woods, there was a certain shift in the air, her own vapors heating to combat the sudden chill, the promise of darkness with in the tendrils of leafy green and bountiful fruits and blooms. It was there in the way the birds followed your progress with their eyes, as if you might suddenly becoming the morning worm they were looking for. In the slight glimpses of the big cats who seemed to keep an eye on you even as they refused to truly give way their position. Something truly wrong with this place, that was what it was. The island was dark, dangerous, with secrets deeper than its foundation, and young Bel was left wondering if she really wanted to dig them up.

She was grateful for the company and conversation to distract herself with, glancing to the stallion as he spoke of originally hating to explore. Her curiosity peaked when he mentioned things going badly and leaving home, but she knew well enough from her own experiences that others had to be willing to give up the whys, even if they spoke of the whats. She nodded lightly to him, her gaze turning back to the foliage, “I’ve explored my whole life . . . where I lived before, the tides I swam through, it was both a way to pass time, and maintain safety. It was just as much about locating something knew as it was finding the safe places in an area, or the places to ignore. After leaving the Pod and heading ashore, my curiosity met a new level. Living primarily beneath the waves, the land is a whole new world to me, I wanted to see it all . . . but I possess a great curiosity, and both the need to explore, and discover had me approaching the island . . . the longer I stay, the more I worry about its’ dangers though . . . .” She fell quiet, her expression troubled to a degree as she thought of just what dangers hid among the brush and blooms.

His next words startled her, and she turned towards him, blinking in surprise, and suddenly grateful for the blue tint to her fur that might obscure the sudden heat to her face, “Oh dear, have I forgotten to introduce myself. I am so sorry. Mother raised me better than that, I really do have the manners fitting a damselfish! My name is Below Zero, but please call me Bel. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sol.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: Late reply, but a reply. Needed something to do for the final hours at work.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-24-2019, 06:18 PM