Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

A laugh was filtered from young Bel's features as she smiled warmly at the odd male, "Comparing someone to a whale might not be the most polite of comparisons. At least sharks are still large, but being compared to a predator of its' skill sets tend to be a tad better to stomach than a large aquatic mammal that filter feeds 23 hours out of the day." She mused with a smile. When he spoke of his confidence being shaken, her heart hurt for him. Having a tragic past had such a dire effect on the future. When he mentioned trying to make believe to see if it would work, she nodded once, dipping her head lightly, "Well, I wish you the most luck with it. Hopefully it'll work for you as well as it worked for me." She mused with a smile.

She tilted her head, listening to his words before speaking, "Well, whether coming from the air, or the sea; any change in what you 'walk' upon can definitely trick the mind and cause difficulties. And I know a fair few who are never quite brave enough to try swimming. Doesn't mean you can lounge about in the shallows, though! It might not be the deep sea swimming I prefer, but most horses seem to enjoy playing in the waves it seems." She suggested, before adding, "Although, I don't imagine I'll be taking to the skies - ever - Wrong set of mutations, and all." She laughed, shifting her spine so the cartilage running along it created a slight ripple, and her gills briefly flared.

The young mare nodded lightly at the thought of the large amount of noises large groups could make, before turning her attention to another train of thought of her previous home. Even from different words there was familiarity of the dangerous and power struggles between creatures bigger and more powerful - and worse in some cases: more hungry. When he asked of her finding a place to make her happy, she smiled faintly as she thought of the Dusk Court, the lands her Triton had domain over, "I have actually, a better place than I had expected. My triton is Asterion, of Dusk Court." She paused briefly, before distinctly wrinkling her muzzle, "Sorry, what is it the land-herds say? Herd leader?" She shrugged, before continuing, "It's so very close to the waters too so I'm never so far from it, and can usually see it from a distance. I make periodic visits to the actual depths of course, I can't be out of it for too long with out feeling a touch uncomfortable. I'm too mammal to dehydrate out of the water, but I still need a touch more of it than most others - thankfully the vapors coming off of me also helps in that manner."

The topic of the herd, the life that Sol had come from was not one that Bel was expecting though. When he spoke in response of not thinking that returning would be a good thing, she nodded in acceptance. It was likely be true . . . too much would reign on the behaviors of the past, and what all might have happened in his absence. He could be walking into a horrible situation that could lead to his own death. "Unfortunately it would likely be true . . . and frankly, from the sounds of it, it was a good herd either way. Returning might not only be dangerous, but it could spell out danger for future offspring as well. It does not sound like a good environment to be in." The aquatic mare stated with a soft shake of her head. As the two walked, she continued to listen to him, and she had to smile at his vow, nodding lightly, "It's a good goal to live by, but do remember that you don't have to spend your entire life redeeming yourself. Just by recognizing where you went wrong, and vowing to live your life differently goes a long way." She spoke softly as she said so, wanting to make sure her words were gentle, even if the topic was serious - but it was a concern she had, stories she had heard before. Of those who spent the rest of their life trying to redeem one action, that when they lay down and met with Death, they realized they hadn't lived their life at all. Redeeming one's self does not take a life time, it just takes a continued means of improving yourself. Still h wasn't look at her when he spoke, and she understood why when he spoke of expecting her to want nothing to do with him, to hate him for what he had done. She laughed softly, gently - the sound one of understanding rather than mockery.

"I find it's silly to make decisions based on the actions of one when they were young. We've all done . . . things we are not proud of," Her voice drops here, a slight fault, a faint hitch that tells a story all it's own, "And as you've already shown remorse, I don't see why treating you any different, or worse, shaming and dismissing you at fin for your previous actions would do you, or myself any good." She added with a gentle reassurance. Besides, she had her own secrets, her own history of pain and regret. She spent too much time regretting those decisions to worry about what was his former personality.

The two continue on their path now, following along the beach and edges of the forest a bit as the two walked, and she had to agree with the choice if it meant a less likely chance of being maimed, "Yes, maiming would have a drowning effect on this outing. I'd prefer to leave this island in one piece, with all my fins intact, thank you!" She declared with a soft smile, her gaze sweeping the forest for trouble, even as she walked comfortably with her new companion, and perhaps even a new friend.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: They're friends now <3

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 07-18-2019, 03:05 PM