Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

sol bestiam

Filter feeding 23 hours a day... The words seemed like another language for the stallion that had never set hoof in water more than necessary. "Um.. I think I will take shark." He laughed, shaking his head. "Though any predatory skills that I might have are more apt to be used defending myself and anyone else that needs it. I might be grumpy at times... a bit short tempered... but I dont try to eat others." Sol grinned as he spoke, shaking his head. He had no desire to cause more trouble than necessary... at least not at that point. Perhaps once he was situated a bit better, and if no one drove him out of the realm... But even then he wouldnt be the same cruel colt that he had been growing up. At her kind wish for luck, he dipped his head. No one had wished him anything but harm in longer than he cared to admit.

Sol snorted as he listened to her discuss playing in the shallows and incorrect mutations. "I am not completely sure how well I would do, even in the shallows... The fact that I tend to burn or boil things with my hooves, at least anything that gets too close, makes me wary of where I do step. And as for mutations... I am not sure how well wings work in the surf." He could just see it. The massive stallion would try to swim and end up drowning because he couldnt figure out how to use his wings in the water.

Sol loved the sound of a triton for a lead rather than ruler... or king, as his father insisted. It sounded exotic and less tyrant. "I joined the Dawn Court upon arriving... Though I am not sure that I would fit in anywhere. Most are either intimidated by me or simply avoid me." That being said, he hadn't actually spent much time in his court since arriving. Sol was insatiable in his desire to know the world around him and had spent quite a bit of time searching in the air and on hoof to figure things out.

Bel's wise words about his once home were honest and true, and Sol found himself nodding along. He paused at the idea of future generations and couldnt bite back the chuckle that escaped his ebony lips. "I suppose that future generations from me are not likely... Friendship is one thing, but not many mares would be willing to overlook my past when it comes to matters of romance. And I dont have any experience in it to begin with." Other than the one ill-fated attempt at a mate, Sol had avoided anything that could be considered romantic. He paused when she spoke of redeeming himself and frowned. "Hopefully I will agree with that someday." He said simply before shaking his head and navigating around a larger rock that had appeared when he was distracted.

Sol flicked an ear as he listened to her words of not being proud of things in the past. What had she done? What had been done to her? He resolutely decided not to pry and let it pass with a soft nod.

Sol chuckled at her reaction to maiming. "Agreed. I may not have fins, but wings tend to be fragile things as well. I suppose that should be a good goal. Explore and figure out this crazy island and keep appendages intact." He responded with a grin as he listened to the hiss of his hooves hitting the sand.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: crappy post is crappy >.>
credits

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Sol Bestiam - 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM