Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The aqua-equine grinned in amusement, a flash of slightly sharper than average canines tucked behind the more normal fore-front teeth of her muzzle as she nodded once, "Exactly, sharks are a touch more interesting." She mused with a bubbling laugh, before nodding in faux-solemness, "Alas, what is a shark that has no predatory skills. Perhaps a shark isn't a best fit after all." She teased, dual eyes gleaming with amusement, "Defending others and yourself might be far better than violence just for the sake of violence, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being perfectly predatory." In truth, Bel thought any violence was a waste of life and energy, but defense another's sudden violence a useful tool to know. She knew from that same experience that a solid slam of her powerful tail fin was enough to pause a smaller predator, and cause some significant harm to an advancing predator.

The topic turning of playing in shallows and being of the water did produce a significant ping in her chest, the uncomfortable feeling of wanting, missing, the welcome embrace of the waters, the gentle touches of the seagrasses, the eager tugging and pulling of the currents. The subtle embrace of the ocean when a creature of her blessings returned to the underwater world. For a mare that came from the waters, she yearned often to return from time to time. She might never return to living fully beneath the waves, but even a short period of time below them was welcoming to the aquatic alien. But she could also understand another's desire NOT to go to the waters, case in point being the large winged stallion before her. Between the large feathered appendages, the hooves of molten heat, the body built for the air rather than the sea - she imagined he'd have one tough of a time indeed.

Bel had her own unique terms and slang, of course, but she never really thought much to how it might appear to the ears of another. When the other spoke of joining Dawn Court, she smiled faintly in reassurances, "It takes time for acceptance. If I went somewhere and was immediately welcomed by everyone I'd be worried why everyone seemed to be so welcoming. Patience will take you far. What might not feel like a good fit now might grow into one as everyone gets to know you. Don't count your pearls until the oysters have opened." She offered reassuringly.

The story of where Sol had come from was fairly upsetting to a mare who'd had her own rough past - although a whole different kind of rough than his own. At his comments of romance not being possible with his past, Bel snorted with a sharp shake of her head, "If those silly mares are unwilling to look past your past, and understand that your past doesn't define your future, than perhaps you're searching in the wrong pond for a mate." Her words were gentle, non-accusing; but to the point. He was dealt a bad hand in the past - but that didn't define who he was now, and the stallion he would grow into in future years yet. As Sol moved around another rock, it drew Bel's attention back to the landscape around them, where she herself moved around the rock as well. When the decision to explore but keep limbs attached was agreed upon, the female grinned with an easy feature of amusement, "It's decided then. Let's dig into the island's secrets!" She declared with another bubbling laugh as she launched herself into a loose canter down the path they were following, eyes eagerly peeled for what they might discover.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: I think we can probably call this one done :3

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 09-03-2019, 10:37 AM