Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel was in a state of uncertainty over this most odd island. Every inch of it seemed to vibrate in a way that made her ponder on if it was alive or not. Of course, there was a part of her that knew it was alive, with all the greenery around her . . . . it was a whole DIFFERENT level of living she was pondering it having. A curious sense of potential sentience seemed to radiate from every plant, every creature, every grain of sand. It led to the question: was the island watching her just as closely as she was observing it.

A sudden rain suddenly started, and the mare visible relaxed as the water touched her hide, slicking the soft down fur of her body. It took her a mere moment to realize something was strange with this rain though – the color being off, a startling green that seemed to fit in much better with the surrounding forest rather than the vibrant blue normally associated with water. A shift of the spectrum, a shift of nature – further proof of the strangeness.

Her gaze immediately shifted to the forest, the sand, the creatures, to see if it held any strange properties, the mare herself moving to find shelter (she didn’t need falling ill from a mysterious rain that might carry disease. Her eyes lit upon the branches of the trees, and her eyes widened as the rain touched the leaves and wood, and flowers bloomed almost instantaneously. She headed deeper into the forest, towards one of the lowest laying branches, her thick fluke of a tail flicking in curiosity. Rearing up, she touched her nose to one of the flowers, blinking the rain from her eyes, before grasping it gently and pulling it free.

The flower fluttered to her feet as she whispered thanks and an apology to the tree that had sacrificed the bloom for the inquisitive mare. She nosed around the petals and stems of the flower, staring at it from every angle, and snorting as pollen entered her slitted nostrils. Nothing odd appeared to make up the flower, but she couldn’t deny the oddness of it. She finally awkwardly manhandled (or equine-handled) the flower, carefully placing it behind her ear so it wasn’t a wasted and abandoned gift from the tree.

Any other horse likely would have used telekinesis for the entire range – pulling the flower free of the tree, rotating it in the air to view it, and then placing it upon their body. Bel hadn’t grown up with the ability, and often forgot she had it even now, tending to do things the far more difficult way – by herself.

She finally noticed then that the rain had suddenly stopped, cyan eyes snapping wide as she glanced around before her eyes lit on a sudden path that had seemed to appear from nowhere. She glanced up at the trees in question, “Am I supposed to follow it?” She asked the trees, not really expecting an answer. A few did seem to sway, whether from a breeze or in answer she couldn’t guess, but they swayed in the direction of the path and it solidified the decision in her mind.

The mare held her head high as she began down it, the emerald rain-bloomed blossom still tucked next to her ear, against the ridge of her dorsal fin at her forehead. Her steps lit on the path gently, her steps measured and careful (least she trip herself on land), and her gaze sweeping and watching. The path was here for a reason, which led her to believe that it might just lead her to the island secrets, like she’d been wanting this entire time.

Thoughts
Speech

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-17-2019, 11:27 AM