Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The female was curious of the island, particularly the changes that had come with the rain. It had been caused by something - clearly. It had been meant for a particular reason. The flower adorning her head now was proof enough that it wasn't a normal rain (the emerald hue of it wasn't forgotten), but was the now visible path that she was preparing to follow that proved the oddness of the rain. What sort of rain grew a path, it wasn't exactly something heard of. She glanced around curiously, wondering what might be at the end of it as the male spoke again. She turned briefly to glance at him with the obviously dominant larger set of eyes (the second set were still glancing about to see what secrets the path alone might have. She snorted lightly, a half smile slipping onto her lean muzzle, "Now there will be no digging up bodies on this expedition, unless it's digging our living ones up from sand traps and similar traps we may find." She mused, before her eyes turned a little more determined, glancing back at the pathway, "Actually we should be cautious for that sort of thing . . . As a little fry I'd heard plenty of stories of sand traps, where the land beneath the sand was weak and could swallow you up with out a thought. We will want to make sure to stay clear of anything that might cost us our health." She didn't feel that mentioning it could also cost them their life was needed.

She mentioned her plan of attack as she stepped onto path ready to go as she glanced at him when he spoke, nodding once, "I'd rather believe it to be an invitation than a trap, but it's revealed something, and I'd rather see what it has to show me, before the path disappears, should it do so." The stallion stepped onto the path behind her, clearly still along for the trek and Bel started down the pathway, hooves making soft sounds against the broken grass-stalks of the well-used trail. She glanced back occasional as the male spoke, nodding once when he spoke his full name for her, and she had to grin slightly, "Personally, I think your name is a bit more of a mouthful than mine. I don't think I could pronounce it even if I tried . . . I'll stick to Coyote."

The birds song ahead, while small creatures seemed to scuttle by quietly as the passed along the path, the vegetation growing steadily thicker with the apparent passing into the deeper forested area of the island. She moved carefully, relieved that for the most part the path was steadily the same of trekked down grasses and foliage. Occasionally the path morphed with bits of rock and sand worn through the grassy passage, hinting at heavier footing through the area, but as of this point no splits off or forks in the path had been seen - or at least none to Bel's untrained eye.

Time was passed by conversation however, as Bel and Coyote chatted, talking about their reason for being on the island. Sje nodded lightly to his words, slowly so they might walk closer to side by side rather than single-file. The path was large enough to allow it - just barely - and it made it easier to hold a conversation as well, "I'm not to certain I'm interested in what ever this treasure might be. Not because of what it could be and couldn't be, and what help it might bring - but because I'm far more interested in trying to figure out this island. From the first moment I stepped on it, it felt off. . . . wrong . . . and walking along that bridge of hardened lava twists my heart at the sight of the creatures of the tree trapped in a frozen state, as if glorifying their sudden death. There is something weird about this island . . . I just want to know what it might be."

Thoughts
Speech
@Huehuecoyotl, and others free to join in at any time.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-20-2019, 09:56 AM