Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

"Now there will be no digging up bodies on this expedition, unless it's digging our living ones up from sand traps and similar traps we may find. Actually we should be cautious for that sort of thing . . . As a little fry I'd heard plenty of stories of sand traps, where the land beneath the sand was weak and could swallow you up with out a thought. We will want to make sure to stay clear of anything that might cost us our health." Coy laughed as he listened to her first bit of words. "Well, shucks! That's no fun! Sometimes bodies have the best stories to tell!" He quipped. "But yes... sand traps are bad... Cant be depriving the world of my antics, can we?" Yep... he was back to his normal self, sassing the world and feeling fabulous. Even the little wound from the adorable doe had mostly healed and only ached when he moved too quickly.

"I'd rather believe it to be an invitation than a trap, but it's revealed something, and I'd rather see what it has to show me, before the path disappears, should it do so. Personally, I think your name is a bit more of a mouthful than mine. I don't think I could pronounce it even if I tried . . . I'll stick to Coyote." Coy chuckled again, eyes alight with amusement. "Fair enough on both points. Gods know that I rarely use my full name." He remarked, realizing that the only time he even said it was in introductions. Usually he didnt even think of his name, to tell the truth. For a moment, he paused to wonder how much anyone ever thought about their names outside of hearing it from others.

"I'm not to certain I'm interested in what ever this treasure might be. Not because of what it could be and couldn't be, and what help it might bring - but because I'm far more interested in trying to figure out this island. From the first moment I stepped on it, it felt off. . . . wrong . . . and walking along that bridge of hardened lava twists my heart at the sight of the creatures of the tree trapped in a frozen state, as if glorifying their sudden death. There is something weird about this island . . . I just want to know what it might be." Coy listened to her words and thought about it. She definitely had a valid point. "Lava bridge is unusual but doesnt bother me... but then I am used to land locked areas and not a ton of volcanos, so it is just something new about the realm for me. The trapped creatures... yeah... that is creepy..." He mused as he walked with her, frowning. What if what ever was happening on the island was going to happen to everyone that explored it?! He could be turned into a fabulous statue that no one in the world would ever see without being scared! The idea alone nearly made him turn around and head back. "Well... we are here.. Might as well figure this out before anything worse happens. Hopefully we will even come out unscathed!" He quipped, trying to lighten the unease in his own heart.

@Below Zero
"Coy Sass"
Notes: Coy is thoroughly against the idea of becoming a statue XD

The BEST revenge... is to stay fabulous.

Coding Credit: Dyzzie - Image Credit: Chaosy

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-20-2019, 01:17 PM