Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

It is not often Bel sees fear at her appearance, but just as her own vision was reflected in the water, so was that of this young mare's. Her eyes seemed wide, breathing rushed, and her focus entirely on the reflected white and blue of Below Zero. A part of the mare humors if it's her odd appearance, or her purely aquatic look in nature, remembering Asterion's own hesitation and questioning of her species. Silly Kelpies giving a bad name to anyone who emerges from the waters. But Treaders were different, very different. If the stories were to be believed (and the more Below Zero heard the origins of this place and many of it's citizens, the more she was inclined to take note of those stories) her species hailed from the stars, from a planet they could no longer reach, racked with disease . . . and death.

Perhaps she did look more alien than many others, or perhaps it was more of a basis of the stories of other scary creatures of the sea, but either way, Bel hoped to settle this young one's heart before it might explode, and so she spoke. The younger female turned to fully look at Bel now, her expression meek, and Bel meets the look with a kind smile, gentle as the other seems to relax and blowing out a whoosh of breath, and a returned, faint smile is given. Much better. Bel takes no pleasure at the distressing of others, and it's a relief to see this one relaxing as well. Bel took no joy in terrifying others, or startling them. Even jokes and pranks could be a touch taboo in her culture where one most always be fairly on guard for trouble to strike. The youth of her pod might have a bit more leeway with how playful they could be - but even then you were always looking out for each other, and always aware of the danger you might suddenly have to swim from.

In a way, despite the oddness and nervousness the island was producing in it's sudden appearance, she was grateful for the much calmer life to be lived on Novus. No more sudden bolting as the pod swam in different directions to avoid an approaching predator. No more sleeping with one eye open and getting only half the rest you should. No more watching family members and friends abandonment for a bleeding wound, knowing they will succumb to the elements alone with out the Pod there to help protect and keep warm. In a way, she'd often wondered if her Pod was just as cruel as the creatures they ran from, abandoning members when they became a hazard to the Pod, knowing that with out the Pod's assistance it was a death sentence. Yes, being on Novus, and part of this world was so much better.

The young gal does speak then, drawing Bel's attention back to the current place and time, watching as the tiny hoof sifted through the water. Bel herself lowered her muzzle, touch the water and feeling the salt fleck against her skin, as an inner plea of her being begged for her to jump in and see what this part of the sea might have to hold. But she stays still, not trusting the waters beyond what she could see. Such clarity wasn't heard of, and it still struck her as different, odd. It would be treated with caution. The other introduces themselves and she glances back at the now introduced O, her smile warm once more, "It's lovely to meet you, O." When the younger spoke again, Bel had to laugh, her smile filled with delightful amusement, "Not that hard to tell is it . . . no, I'm from a far colder place than Novus." As she said it, the vapors of water trailing along her skin turned colder, much colder at the mention; and had it not been for the special fur and blubber protecting the mare's delicate system, the touch of such cold might have been frosted and blue-ed her hide. As it was the cold was only temporary, quickly returning to a normal state least the cold touch the female beside her. But the brief moment of cool had been a comfort to the mare, who continued to speak, "Although, if the stories from my people's elders are to believe, we hail from an even further distance." Her gaze trailed up to the sky as she said it, and not for the first time in the recent weeks her mind returned to those stories, this time with the curiousness of what that planet, should the stories ever prove to be true; must look like.

She glanced back at O then, her expression curious, "So, why are you staring so intently at the waters rather than exploring the island like much of the others?" She asked, her tone non-judging, simply wishing to know.

Thoughts
Speech
@Apolonia @

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-20-2019, 10:19 AM