Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel wasn’t always the sort for simple and calm interaction, but meeting with this younger mare, and the energy of their meeting be so relaxed was like a breath of fresh air to the creature. Sure the young soul had shown concern and even fear at her first initial approach (but who wouldn’t when first catching sight of the odd mare caught between two worlds), but seemed to be warming up to the aqua-equine soon enough – something that was of great relief to Bel. She didn’t like setting anyone at ill-ease, and was relieved that the fellow was quickly growing more comfortable with her company. Bel was not so aware of how her own calmer nature may be playing a part in it, even the others’ more aquatic personification of her attributes might surprise the mare, who never though she spoke with the easiness of the gentle swell of waves against a beach. In truth she never thought about how odd any of her more aqua-inclined habits or reflections may be . . . to she, she was merely herself.

Bel attention had momentarily turned away from O however as she looked to the water, head dipped low, even if she denied her hearts’ desire to plunge into the depths, to swim among the crystal waters and dance between the coral stalks. To weave among the fish and school with the largest, the brightest. Her heart sung to the water, and it called back to her like a siren song luring the maiden of the sea home . . . but this water was not home, and Bel doubted in its’ ability to release her should she given in . . . for even the Treaders know that only death welcomed you at the end of the siren’s melody. Instead, she denied her desires, she followed her instinct, her attention returned to O. The cool air, fresh and smelling of salt rushed past the two, though where it ruffled the other’s short dark hair, Bel herself is unaffected beyond the spiraling trails of steam being carried away from her body – she had no mane or tail to tug on.

O turned more fully to her then, her head turning sideways against the breeze as if to protect herself. Instantly Bel had moved, her steps light and graceful as her limbs carried her through the water, her body shifting to help block the sand and wind from the younger mare, even as her fluked fin flicked and danced in the water, catching the water in her tail and spraying it up and against the aquatic mare, wetting her hide far more effectively than her vapors ever did. She spoke though, telling of her cold home, and smiling when O watches the steam from her back, leaning towards it to get a face of icy vapor, “Careful.” The warning was spoken softly, warmly, not wanting to see the younger suffer, “The vapors tend to be connected to my emotions or subconscious thoughts . . . and far more importantly you’re not protected as I am from the cold.” Her muzzle touches her shoulder, feeling the slight give, the odd texture that was too smooth for muscle – the thick blubber that kept her insides from being frozen through, even at the greatest depths. Still, she allows the other to feel that cold before it is replaced, as if allowing her to touch the cold lands she’d grown up in. “It took me a very long time to swim here, but where I come from, it’s water and ice as far as they eye can see, so very cold,” She paused, for effect, before adding with a lightness in her eyes, “But on some nights, the sky lights up with ribbons of vibrant colors – like a reef was painted across the sky! Pinks, and greens and blues and yellows; decorating the star studded heavens. Can take your breath away faster than a sudden dive!

Her voice lowered as if sharing a secret, “But the elders of my pod say we come from even further away – from among the stares on a planet so far away we had to be transported to earth through a special doorway. I don’t know if I believe the stories, I think I look more fishy than alien . . . but it would explain the four eyes, don’t you think?” She asked with a playful wink. Truthfully, the more time she spent in Novus and learned the stories of others, the more she was starting to believe it might just be possible. When they speak of the island though, Bel’s smile is almost bittersweet as she looks out towards the jungle before turning back towards the waters, her gaze on the picturesque escape, “Yes, it does appear peaceful . . . “ She doesn’t admit that she feels the hum of the secrets it carries, for she thinks that perhaps O needs the peacefulness if her mention of home means anything.

Instead, Bel moves to lay down in the water, limbs folding under her as her tail swishes in smooth movements against the water, creating little waves to surge into the shore, “I can definitely live with a little bit of peaceful at the moment.” Her moment in the water isn’t a long one, just enough to wet her sides and back before she pushes herself to her feet in a smooth and graceful move that spoke of years of living in just the water itself. Her gaze turns back to O and then the forest, “Would you like to walk with me? The birds are singing beautifully, and with so many others around, I doubt the cats want to attempt to hunt. I’d be happy to tell you more stories as well, of the arctic, or of the skies. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to tell stories.” And it sure was a good way to pass time.

Thoughts
Speech
@Apolonia @

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-26-2019, 07:37 PM