Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
In a way, this new world had twisted a part of the little doe. Gone was the carefree and playful creature she had been, hardened by the brutal awakening of trapped in another world with out her appearance as a familiar face, or even her magic to let her touch nature and feel the familiar embrace of the natural world around her. Gone was the reliance that a single shout would have a herd of deer approaching with aid, weapons at the ready. Gone was the knowledge that any new face was with out a new friend. Sure, she'd escaped some terrors of her own world . . . but the more she learned of Novus - or it's pantheon, the more certain she was that she'd traded one troublesome creature that was easily outsmarted for a range of gods who could smite you because it was tuesday and there was a rainbow on the wrong side of the sky. Well, perhaps not for that reason alone - but Cally couldn't help to feel like even the island of itself was just a foolish trick, or game to play on the mortals. Sending them into a clearly dangerous island that had appeared as if by magic and fire, with dangerous creatures in the foliage, on a wild game of chance that they JUST MIGHT stumble upon a relic. Cally found the entire event: laughable.

Yes, gone was the doe who would have shrugged off the consequences and banded together a party to search for the relic just for the chance to explore the island. She'd turned into a shade of that creature thanks to the story of her arrival to Novus. She sure loved to explore, yes; and it was why she stayed on the island - to hunt through it - but that carefree, fun-loving attitude was defaced with blazing fury to the gods, and a hardness that would likely aid her when she found the path to regain her abilities. She might be powerless now - but she wasn't going to bow to the hand given to her . . . she would rise up and fight back.

She appeared to not be the only one with a troubled story - she could read it in the way the eyes of the mare seemed to darken with her own black thoughts, before the cerulean spheres where closed of by the shutting of her eyes. Only when air whistles through her horn, surprising the green and brown doe and having her glance at the horn with a new, more inquisitive light in her eyes - startled and delighted by such a neat mutation - does her company seem to pull herself out of where her mind had taken her. There is a weak smile to her features, as she aided in pushing the bow a little closer to Cally.

Just the light touch of the familiar weapon settled the former druid, some of the constant tension leaving her body as the tiny creature stared down at the priceless gift - not for the craftmanship of the item, but for what the item meant to her. Her weapon of choice, a way to protect herself from dangerous creatures, a defensive utensil that was as comfortable to her as her own skin . . . sorry, former skin. She is testing it with her telekenetic abilities, both working the bow as well as the abilities themselves as she'd found even they had been weakened by her arrival in Novus. She draws back the string, releasing the magic holding the bow posed and watching it snap back with a solid sound with out even a waiver of the bow itself. She stops her experimentation at the others' words then, startled by the understanding - and yet relieved someone else understands.

Cally watched as the weak smile grew a little more wild, a little more reckless, and Cally tilted her head at the presentation of the mare, a certain danger and wildness reflected from the smile, the shift of a storm in her eyes. Cally lets the bow sink back to the ground, perching it in an easy and practiced manner so it rests against one foreleg. "Sometimes I think gods forget we aren't just toys to be played with, and even small changes when important enough can be catalysts." The doe speaks softly, though there's that ever present darkness that has grown in her soul regarding the situation.

The doe would be lying if she claimed to understand the next part of the other's words. She fought and clung so hard to who she was, had been, and lost; she gave little thought to the gods trying to make her into what she was supposed to be . . . but she also knew the only familiarity in her own skin came from her own magic's desperate bid to keep her as true to herself even while it was being bound back and buried deep with in her. She was certain, had her magic not reacted and retaliated, she'd speaking to the other as a horse and living a lie. Cally was a deer, and no god would make her believe otherwise. "While I am glad you feel as if this is what you're supposed to be . . . I don't know if I'd be able to agree to such thoughts, especially if my own magic hadn't halted my transformation process . . ." She admits with a simple tone, not to bothered one way or another on the idea of accepting herself as she was now. She was still far too new in her new shape anyways. Any form of acceptance would come with time, and she hand't had enough of it yet.

The other steps closer then, explaining that the bow will last until her will asked of it to be something else. Suddenly the bow shifted where it rested against Cally, changing from a sword, to a dead branch, and then back into the bow. Surprised, the doe reached low with her nose, touching it softly, even as her dual sets of ears shifted - one towards the crow, one towards the wild back. A flash of her former self entered her eyes as she mentally cataloged where the sounds came from, the distance the sound of such creatures would require to travel, where the dangers were in correlation to herself. It was instinctive reaction, drawn from her many adventures and explorations in her home world, a required method of being aware of the world and the dangerous its possessed.

The doe tilts her head when the other speaks again, offer to help in her hunt for her druid magic, and the female nods, her expression shifting into a form of something akin to hope, but not so far lost from the darkness to be the look of a fool. It's a guarded look, a cautious one, but hope none the less, "I would accept the help, gladly. I won't rest until it's found and recovered. Another's assistance should make it that much faster to return." She stated with a gentle dip of her head in appreciation.

She doesn't know how this place may have twisted her magic, but Cally refused to see herself as complete with out it. It was who she was, a druid, and with out her magic . . . she felt like nothing . . . and she cursed the ones who made her that way.

"Speech"
@isra . I feel like Novus is going to turn her a bit darker than she was before. I don't think I ever realized how much I implemented that connection of the earth into her character until the simple things are there no more LOL

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 06-19-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 06-23-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Callynite - 07-12-2019, 09:20 AM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 07-29-2019, 11:16 PM