Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Enjoying the Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

The larger stallion’s surprise would be humorous, if only Mateo hasn’t been so startled himself. "Well yes, I’m looking for the murderer." This seemed obvious to Mateo, although it really wasn’t. Months had passed since the murders, and not a single clue had appeared since then to suggest that the killer was even in Delumine anymore. Many had completely forgotten about those grizzly events, most did not forget but chose to move on. The border closure was more a formality than anything, a rule that had been bent so many times it became impossible to straighten again. Even Mateo left Delumine from time to time, although always guiltily and never for very long.

The other stallion then explains the cinders in his steps. Mateo frowns, thinking it over. “How curious.” It seems incredibly unpractical, not to mention annoying, to leave flaming hoofprints behind you. “Anything else magical and potentially dangerous I should know about?” The thing about magic was you didn’t always see it. It’s what made magic so compelling to Mateo– it could be everywhere, the way god was, and you could only tell if you had the certain sense for it.

His thoughts circle back to god, as they so often do, and he wonders what Oriens would do, if the daybreak god were here. (of course, he is here, in the bend of the trees and the sway of the lichen, here in the air and earth, here in every way except the flesh) Eventually the boy’s brusque demeanor softens. It never really stood a chance to begin with– Mateo was far too much of a people pleaser for that.

"You're new here? I'd tell you it isn't safe wandering the forest alone, but... That would be hypocritical, wouldn’t it?" he tilts his head upward to look at the massive stallion, and a wide grin cracks across his youthful features. "Anyway I imagine the world is much less dangerous when you're that big." Mateo, on the other hand, would probably make an excellent snack to whatever beast it is that roams the forest. It is a fact that he is well aware of, for he is and has always been keenly aware of his small stature and how others respond to it-- or at least how he thinks they do.

I’m Mateo. Would you care to walk with me? Safety in numbers and all that…” Safety for one of them, at least. His wings twitch at the word walk, wanting to take to the sky, but he keeps them tucked close. He had things to do, murderers to find. Strangers to befriend. “Where are you headed?

- - -
@Sol Bestiam
art

Messages In This Thread
Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-20-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-29-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-07-2019, 05:37 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-19-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-31-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 08-06-2019, 11:05 PM